Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2016, 09:51 AM

2,819 posts, read 2,603,190 times

Advertisements

What's your favorite website for dining room chairs? Or decor in general. I do the typical wayfair and various store websites but am looking for any suggestions you have. Would like one that has good quality but not terribly expensive. I'm specifically looking for upholstered dining chairs if that helps.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2016, 11:40 AM

Location: Finally the house is done and we are in Port St. Lucie!
3,487 posts, read 3,371,649 times
We bought ours at Ikea. Similar to these: INGATORP / HENRIKSDAL Table and 4 chairs - IKEA

I don't know if you can buy them separate from the dining set but my thinking was yes we did. We have had them for over 5 years and they are holding up beautifully. We had to assemble them but it was really quite easy.

Old 09-26-2016, 11:59 AM

11,230 posts, read 9,453,937 times
Go to the antique mall where you can find a selection of chairs in a variety of styles, which will be made much better and of better materials than current stuff (esp. IKEA!) You might have to re-glue but that's no big deal.

Old 09-26-2016, 12:05 PM

142 posts, read 169,619 times
World Market
Kirkland's

Old 09-26-2016, 12:11 PM

5,866 posts, read 5,336,472 times
Bought ours at an auction. We have one set of 6 that are antique (can't remember how much-but it was under $100) and another set of 4 that I THOUGHT were antique (embroidered seat), until I got them home and turned them over and found a tag from the mattress police (1970s). We bought the set for $40 and I did some research and ONE would sell for $120.

We have a set of wooden ones that I had forever (bought them when I was married to my first husband). I stick to them, and they are falling apart. There used to be 6 but an old significant other was so kind to give two of MY chairs to a friend of his. I just hate them-mainly because what they represent. My husband keeps saying, "They are perfectly good chairs." But, they have a history to them that I prefer not to be reminded of-my past.

Yeah, I know that is 14 chairs. We also have another set of 4 that were my husband's before I came to live with him. Believe it or not, we do NEED all of them at Christmas. He has 4 kids-2 have spouses at the moment, and we have 7 grandkids. One of his daughters is now seeing someone who has 2 girls. And you throw his sister & the two of us. If EVERYONE came, that would be 19 people. THAT'S A LOT OF PEOPLE. But, granted, they ALL don't always come at the same time but at Christmas we always have a house full.

Cat

Old 09-26-2016, 12:17 PM

62,284 posts, read 88,181,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annabanana123 View Post
What's your favorite website for dining room chairs? Or decor in general. I do the typical wayfair and various store websites but am looking for any suggestions you have. Would like one that has good quality but not terribly expensive. I'm specifically looking for upholstered dining chairs if that helps.
What's your style? Budget? Just chairs or table too?

Old 09-26-2016, 12:47 PM

2,819 posts, read 2,603,190 times
I'm looking for upholstered chairs to go with a large (72") round pedestal table. Leaning towards tufted or nail heads but not a must.

Old 09-26-2016, 01:13 PM

67,650 posts, read 61,453,680 times
Check out Pier 1. They have upholstered chairs and they also have lots of slip covers. I have two of their upholstered chairs at either end of my dining room table and I change out the slip covers for the seasons. The other chairs I got at an antique auction and I love them. I refinished them and reupholstered the seats and I think they are perfect. And super sturdy.

Old 09-26-2016, 01:24 PM

17,510 posts, read 66,478,303 times
We had a similar table (glass top 60") in the dining room-

The only chair that seemed to work the best (and 6 places) was a parsons chair. Over the course of 15yrs we went through 3 different incarnations/upholsteries. We did try a different style chair at some point but it was too crowded because of their size.

Old 09-26-2016, 03:19 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,359,746 times
Dining room chairs | Canadel

There chairs are very good quality. They have several styles of upholstered chairs.

There is a store locator on their site. I don't know of a way to order directly.

The beauty of their system is that you choose chair leg style, upholstery material, and finish, and the chairs are made to your spec. I have ordered red dining chairs with oak seats, for instance. I ordered them probably 15 years ago, and they are still in service. One of the things I was looking for was comfort. Those chairs are substantial and comfortable. They are now in the home of a family member, still looking good.

We ordered a smaller chair for a vintage desk a couple of years ago. I got the right size, in a sort of aqua/gray driftwood finish with a reddish upholstered chair that coordinates beautifully with my reddish desk. It is very sturdy and attractive. I use it often.

I recommend this company highly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating