Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2017, 10:21 PM

1,399 posts, read 1,800,222 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian_M View Post
Ok, I must be using bath towels ALL WRONG! I mean, nearly 5 decades on this planet and I'm not sure I've ever had one 'snag'? Cheap ones, thin ones, hand-me-downs, bought from garage sales 4 for a buck, from Walmart, Target, and we splurged one for some from Penneys. Some did little more than push the water around my skin, but not a single one of them "snagged".

What am I doing Wrong? My wife is in the same boat as me (at least for the nearly 2 decades we've been together), though she may have been doing it right to get snags before that....
Yeah me either!.....I just did an inventory of my towels.....no snags. What do you suppose she is snagging them on?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2017, 10:53 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,024,982 times
We have towels from Sams that we got about a year ago and I noticed this when taking them out of the dryer today. We also have towels from Target where the stitching came out, so the ends are frayed.

I don't think we do anything to cause their snagging, they go from the dryer to the towel bar in the bathroom, or get folded and go in the linen closet. These towels are strictly used to dry off after a shower, and not used to dry or clean up other messes.

I'll keep the LE towels in mind next time we are ready to buy towels. We also have some towels that I believe are from JCP that we accidentally acquired while staying with my parents between moves last year. They seem to hold up pretty well, but they are rarely used, so spend most of their time folded in the linen closet.

Old 01-14-2017, 10:56 PM

17,475 posts, read 66,064,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I need bath towels! Not towels for the car or house. But thanks.

Yeah, they ARE USED as BATH towels!

Ever watch swimmers or divers as soon as they get out of the water? That's not a "towel" they're using- is a synthetic chamois.

Old 01-15-2017, 12:51 AM

15,546 posts, read 12,024,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K'ledgeBldr View Post

Ever watch swimmers or divers as soon as they get out of the water? That's not a "towel" they're using- is a synthetic chamois.
They work great for swimming as they're not bulky, but most people don't want a 17 inch towel to dry off with after a shower. I would find it odd if I was staying at someone's house and their bathroom only had those small towels.

I like big fluffy towels that I can wrap around myself and wear as I continue to get ready.

Old 01-15-2017, 06:47 AM

3,613 posts, read 4,118,813 times
My towels from Kohl's and Target don't snag, hold up great. I have Land's End towels, they are nice, but my Target towels are nicer actually. I can't say I've ever had a towel snag either.

Old 01-15-2017, 07:03 AM

993 posts, read 767,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K'ledgeBldr View Post

Thanks for this. I'm going to buy one and see how it goes.

Old 01-15-2017, 08:02 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,372,917 times
Check your dryer carefully. Last time I had trouble with snags it turned out to be an issue with the dryer rather than the towels.

Old 01-15-2017, 08:32 AM

16,376 posts, read 22,490,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
Check your dryer carefully. Last time I had trouble with snags it turned out to be an issue with the dryer rather than the towels.
Yes...and the washer too. Run your hand on the interiors to check for any sharp edges that will catch/snag.

If it's not catching/snagging on something sharp, then maybe they are made so badly that the stitching is unraveling and causing loops to become undone.

Do you wear jewelry that might be snagging it?

Old 01-15-2017, 12:49 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,176,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I need bath towels! Not towels for the car or house. But thanks.
LOL! I was so excited, there for a second, to have a specific bath towel suggestion.

Old 01-15-2017, 12:50 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,176,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwerty View Post
My towels from Kohl's and Target don't snag, hold up great. I have Land's End towels, they are nice, but my Target towels are nicer actually. I can't say I've ever had a towel snag either.
I got Target towels for my kids, and they are falling apart. The ends are coming unhemmed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating