Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2017, 06:54 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,959,349 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
You do realize how incredibly obnoxious that reads, right?
Yes.

You do realize that I am 55 years old and that I have no guilt about FINALLY having a nice wedding set, and a small pair of diamond stud earrings, and a small diamond necklace that my husband gave me for my 50th birthday, though, right?

The reason I don't take them off is because I am very afraid of losing them. But I've had the wedding band and diamond studs for three sets of towels at least, and it's only recently that they've started snagging my towels, so I assume that it's the towels that have changed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2017, 10:44 PM

1,399 posts, read 1,800,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Yes.

You do realize that I am 55 years old and that I have no guilt about FINALLY having a nice wedding set, and a small pair of diamond stud earrings, and a small diamond necklace that my husband gave me for my 50th birthday, though, right?

The reason I don't take them off is because I am very afraid of losing them. But I've had the wedding band and diamond studs for three sets of towels at least, and it's only recently that they've started snagging my towels, so I assume that it's the towels that have changed.
No one can fault you for that. Bit of advice though. And this comes from some one who is a classic smart ass never back down pit bull. Drop the attitude. No need to be on the defensive.........over a bath towel. You are already stressed to the max over a bathroom remodel I'm sure.

Old 01-15-2017, 10:53 PM

1,651 posts, read 2,784,910 times
Our towels from Restoration Hardware still look new after 10 years. They do take a long time to dry though. I had a coupon and combined it with a sale - they're pricey but last forever.

Old 01-16-2017, 05:01 AM

87 posts, read 255,717 times
Maybe you need to check your jewelry settings before those diamonds go missing.

Old 01-16-2017, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artstarvedinar View Post
Maybe you need to check your jewelry settings before those diamonds go missing.
Thanks, I've checked them.

It's the way the towels are made.

Note - this doesn't happen with hotel towels, so there's something about the way many towels are made, apparently.

Old 01-16-2017, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayela View Post
Our towels from Restoration Hardware still look new after 10 years. They do take a long time to dry though. I had a coupon and combined it with a sale - they're pricey but last forever.
If I don't like the swatches from Land's End, I'm probably going to order from RH - I keep reading good reviews about those towels too! Thanks.

Old 01-16-2017, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cargoman View Post
No one can fault you for that. Bit of advice though. And this comes from some one who is a classic smart ass never back down pit bull. Drop the attitude. No need to be on the defensive.........over a bath towel. You are already stressed to the max over a bathroom remodel I'm sure.
I think you're reading too deeply into my comments. I'm just being flippant.

Old 01-16-2017, 07:20 AM

1,399 posts, read 1,800,561 times
Quote:
I think you're reading too deeply into my comments. I'm just being flippant.
Copy that...

Old 01-16-2017, 07:30 AM

Get back with me in two weeks - by then I would have been displaced for a week and my house will be dusty and workers will have been in and out trekking through my entire downstairs for a week by then. I WILL be stressed to the max at that point.

Old 01-16-2017, 11:33 AM

30,585 posts, read 25,173,318 times
Quote:
THIS is a good name - or used to be. I had some Wamsutta towels and I STILL have them, though they no longer match my bathroom. I wonder if they're still made the same? I will go Wamsutta shopping and run my wedding band across the towel and see if it snags - LOL. Thanks for the reminder.

By the way, folks, it's not my washer or dryer - my ring snags them. (I don't take my wedding band off when I bathe - or actually ever, except to clean it.)

Also, my diamond stud earrings, which also never come off.

I usually also wear the small fleur de lis pendant necklace that my husband had made for me - it has little points on it.

But the thing is, I've always worn these things - for at least a decade. They never used to snag my towels and now they catch on them all the time, and that's the last TWO sets of towels I've bought (and none were cheap ones either, adding to my frustration). We are remodeling our master bath and I am going to buy new towels and doggone it, I want some that don't snag and I know it's possible to make them because I've owned them before. If I didn't mind using 15 year old, jewel tone paisley print towels in my new neutral toned bathroom, I'd just pull those out (they've been relegated to beach and hot tub usage but they still look and perform great!).
You can find Wamsutta towels in many colors at Bed Bath and Beyond. I like the Wamsutta Micro Cotton towels.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating