Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2017, 01:53 PM

30 posts, read 33,684 times

Advertisements

We are Christmas mad. My daughter and I love everything about Christmas, we start to watch Christmas movies in July and love to start buying new decorations in Costco in September.
The whole season is just magical, I wish we had a white Christmas, but unfortunately living in Australia it's never going to happen, so we have a bubble Christmas Day.

Is anyone else the same?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2017, 02:45 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,207,589 times
Probably, but not me. I get enough Christmas "joy" after Thanksgiving and before New Year's Day.

Stores will be bringing out stuff now though. I frankly hate to see it come out so soon. But I do get joy from the neighborhood lights that shine for most of December. DH puts up lights over Thanksgiving weekend and I always look for them to appear in our neighborhood after that. I hate to seem them go away in January--such a dreary month!

Our tree goes up right after Thanksgiving as well as the rest of the decorations I put out. But beyond that, I don't really extend the season too much. I am always sort of relieved when the decorations are put away.

Old 09-12-2017, 03:58 PM

67,650 posts, read 61,055,961 times
I love Christmas and love decorating and enjoying the beauty of the season with my loved ones, but I don't start on any of that till the weekend after Thanksgiving.

Today I just put my fall decor out - I like to decorate for each season and relish each season as it comes.

Old 09-13-2017, 12:24 AM

2,913 posts, read 2,055,599 times
My wife will start the week of Thanksgiving. Will probably start with the lights around that time but the tree goes up Thanksgiving weekend.

I admit in our neighborhood, year after year it gets more "competitive" with the decorations and I have a somewhat competitive nature....sue me.

Old 09-13-2017, 07:51 AM

3,546 posts, read 3,122,236 times
We wait until after Thanksgiving. Right now, we're into orange lights, pumpkins and autumn leaves.

Old 09-13-2017, 11:03 AM

11,181 posts, read 10,547,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Today I just put my fall decor out - I like to decorate for each season and relish each season as it comes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piney Creek View Post
We wait until after Thanksgiving. Right now, we're into orange lights, pumpkins and autumn leaves.
We'll do mums, pumpkins, and gourds right up until the week after Thanksgiving. Our farmers market and local nurseries carry a great selection of all 3. I probably have more autumn/harvest decor than I do Christmas.

We'll slowly transition to Christmas decor and activities, plenty of time to enjoy it since we observe it through Epiphany.

Old 09-13-2017, 03:59 PM

67,650 posts, read 61,055,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
We'll do mums, pumpkins, and gourds right up until the week after Thanksgiving. Our farmers market and local nurseries carry a great selection of all 3. I probably have more autumn/harvest decor than I do Christmas.

We'll slowly transition to Christmas decor and activities, plenty of time to enjoy it since we observe it through Epiphany.
Me toooooo!

I devote the weekend after Thanksgiving to putting away my fall decor stuff and getting out and putting up the Christmas stuff.

For some reason I get really tired of Christmas trees and centerpieces and all that jive, well, like as soon as Christmas is over, but I have several Nativity sets that are really special to me so I always leave them out through Epiphany. So things look a little Christmassy till then but it's not EVERY SURFACE - lol.

Old 09-13-2017, 05:47 PM

5,854 posts, read 5,294,463 times
Bah Humbug!

Do You "Go All Out" With Your Christmas Decorations?

Cat

Old 09-13-2017, 06:05 PM

20,102 posts, read 20,910,392 times
Ugh. No. Just no.

Old 09-14-2017, 01:50 AM

37,152 posts, read 42,265,203 times
Nooooo. One year I didn't put my fake tree up until 5 days before Xmas because I was not in the mood! LOL! Usually I hang a string of lights on the house, have my fake tree in the living room, and put a real wreath on the door for looks and a natural pine scent...but that's it. And I never start on any of it before Dec and it's gone by New Years Day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating