Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Honda and Acura
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2019, 10:43 PM

5,589 posts, read 8,402,263 times

Advertisements

I am on my second RDX lease and while they're not the most exciting-looking vehicles, they are peppy and the ride is luxuriously quiet and smooth. But today I was given a 2019 loaner. The 2019s now have a turbo 4 instead of a 6. It's peppy enough but I can't stand the sound of that 4-cylinder engine. It reminds me of the Toyota RAV-4s or Ford Escapes that I rent while out of town...like "the little engine that could". And the ride (on "comfort" setting) is nowhere near as smooth as the one I have now. I switched to "sport" setting tonight and it actually makes the engine sound louder (on purpose), but it still sounds like a 4. The ride is a little firmer but still not smooth.

I'm really disappointed because my lease is up in September and I just assumed I'd get a 2019. Anyone else mind the 4-cylinder engine sound or is it just me?
Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Honda and Acura