Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-09-2010, 10:26 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,697,329 times

Advertisements

I've got a bug problem in my house. It wasn't really a problem until tonight when I noticed they breached the perimeter of my own sanctuary, my own room. I think they might be roaches, since they scurried into dark areas when I turned on the lights. They aren't very big and don't look that nasty though, but I want them DEAD.

So yeah, best bug killing products? If it draws comparisons to DDT, that's a plus
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2010, 06:11 AM

20,793 posts, read 61,323,996 times
BugMax 365, spray it once, takes care of bugs for a year. It works great on Asian beetles too!!

Old 10-11-2010, 08:53 AM

8,309 posts, read 38,787,526 times
One thing that can be overlooked is to simply take away habitat. Taking up shoe moulding and caulking under the baseboards can work wonders.

Old 10-11-2010, 02:55 PM

851 posts, read 3,627,617 times
For the best elimination, use boric acid as described here:

Cockroach Elimination | University of Kentucky Entomology

Old 10-11-2010, 04:15 PM

8,309 posts, read 38,787,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStupid View Post
For the best elimination, use boric acid as described here:

Cockroach Elimination | University of Kentucky Entomology
If you ever expose the studs in your house, dusting any horizontal surface in the wall cavity with boric acid is an extremely cheap, extremely effective preventive measure. It works.

Old 10-12-2010, 06:27 PM

17,218 posts, read 57,099,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
I've got a bug problem in my house. It wasn't really a problem until tonight when I noticed they breached the perimeter of my own sanctuary, my own room. I think they might be roaches, since they scurried into dark areas when I turned on the lights. They aren't very big and don't look that nasty though, but I want them DEAD.

So yeah, best bug killing products? If it draws comparisons to DDT, that's a plus
In some warm, damp climates you can't completely eliminate roaches. That said, you can practice very "tight" housekeeping, putting all food in tins, in the fridge, etc. I mean stuff like crackers, chips, etc. that you would normally just put in the cupboard.

Any decent hardware store will have various insecticide products, I like the Ortho MaxCide that you spray around the perimeter of your house.

If you are willing to go to the trouble, you can fog the house, but be sure you don't create an explosion hazard, and you want to get out and stay out of the house till that stuff has done it's thing and you have ventilated the house.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House