Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2015, 02:35 PM

24,597 posts, read 10,909,474 times

Advertisements

Long story short - the plantings in the stone and brick beds of the front yard were overgrown and past even drastic pruning. New neighbor has some very appealing work done so I call the number on the contractor sign out front. It is his own home. Young educated professional very well spoken. A week later we have a plant list and drawings for what I call "10 bushes for the bank" in our email. A couple of phone calls and we agree on dry riverbed, mostly grasses of various height and texture, big rocks, some bushes and our existing fancy day lilies, Lady Banks will remain but undergo severe pruning. We have to wait until unexpected rainy weather permitted work. Two days. Fine. Several leaks in the new irrigation system. SO fixed the first one we found - it sprayed all over the walk way. Three days later the worker loudly commented that all this is the fault of whoever messed around there.
Three Tiny Tower Italien Cypresses were delivered and planted in existing pots. Rather ratty looking. He came by and went through the lecture that the plants are not mature and anything else would be a challenge. My reply - he was up to the challenge. SO left a black nursery 7-gallon pot next to these. We bought and paid 7-gallon and got 5-gallon at best. Again - email, please come and get them. I wanted to show him why I was so upset. It could have been a misunderstanding. This afternoon we emailed again. The response - the plants were picked up this morning. I work from home, SO was home until 10:30, the garden gate is 6 feet, iron with cedar, has a handle lock, a t which secures it in the ground and a bolt which holds the top secure ( remember it is always windy here). The gate was opened with wire loopes, that section of the patio a mess. No response to an email. Let it go, spread the word, post on BBB, ... I am as mad as a wet hen as I feel my privacy violated. We have very good furniture and a lot of plant life in pots which can easily find a buyer such as old Japanese Maples. It is just not right!!!
I would love to cancel the lawn contract! After I see the credit for the bushes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2015, 02:41 PM

61,743 posts, read 87,194,708 times
You have a contract with the landscape guy? And a warranty for the work and the plants? Everything was written down in details, on paper and signed? Is he insured/bonded?
Someone has to pay for the damage. If not, bring it to Small Claims Court.

Old 04-18-2015, 07:32 AM

24,597 posts, read 10,909,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
You have a contract with the landscape guy? And a warranty for the work and the plants? Everything was written down in details, on paper and signed? Is he insured/bonded?
Someone has to pay for the damage. If not, bring it to Small Claims Court.
Contract and the works. The main damage is entering a locked and closed part of the property without consent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House