Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2015, 02:44 PM

312 posts, read 831,610 times

Advertisements

Hello,

We are picking fixtures and tiles for a new master bathroom.

Our other bathroom has a stand alone vanity with polished carrara marble top and we have honed carrara on the floors. The shower/tun surround is all white subway tile.

see photo: bathroom - 1.jpg
dark photo - sorry

For new master bathroom downstairs, I was thinking didn't want also marble with marble, although my wife likes it.

So, we are thinking, this vanity with black granite top.

see photo: modero-vs72-wt-a.jpg and modero-white.jpg

it's really a cool white, although looks grayish below

ps: the empty space on the left on floorplan will go the matching stand alone linen closet

also white

modero-lt24-wt.jpg

tub/shower surround will be 3x6 artic white subway tile

and for the floor tiles we are thinking Dal Tile Frabrique Linen Blanc - maybe in 12x24

DP_DT_P685_12X12.jpg

but probably with lighter grout than the pic below

IMG_0335.jpg

I would love to hear your thoughts on this.

Not sure wall colors? Suggestions?

Thanks so much
Attached Thumbnails
What do you think of these tiles, vanity, counter top?-bathroom-1.jpg   What do you think of these tiles, vanity, counter top?-modero-white.jpg   What do you think of these tiles, vanity, counter top?-modero-vs72-wt-.jpg   What do you think of these tiles, vanity, counter top?-modero-lt24-wt.jpg   What do you think of these tiles, vanity, counter top?-dp_dt_p685_12x12.jpg  

What do you think of these tiles, vanity, counter top?-img_0335.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2015, 03:11 PM

28,453 posts, read 85,392,786 times
I would probably try to get the linen tower with some kind of etched or patterned glass, and I would have it internally lit. That way you get a nice "night light" so you don't have to choose between stumbling around in the dark or being blinded when you wake up and need to get something...

If they do not sell 'em that way it might make sense to ask a local glass shop to install something. The "doctor's office look" gets old...

Chicago Cabinet Glass | Chicago Kitchen Cabinet Glass | Chicago Custom Cabinet Glass | Chicago Cabinet Door Glass | Glassworks

Old 08-18-2015, 06:27 PM

Hi Chet, thanks for suggestion. Any opinion on the questions about the tiles and vanity options?

Thanks

Old 08-18-2015, 10:59 PM

28,453 posts, read 85,392,786 times
Default A little "bland" but probably fine...

...in know that probably 60% of new home shoppers say they love white cabinetry. I prefer things with a bit more character. The risk is that when you go to sell it might be dated...

If you are doing this more for yourself than for resale soon you have different priorities .

Old 08-19-2015, 06:12 AM

22,591 posts, read 47,680,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chet everett View Post
I prefer things with a bit more character. The risk is that when you go to sell it might be dated...

If you are doing this more for yourself than for resale soon you have different priorities .
Me too... all that white is bland and unimaginative to me.

Old 08-19-2015, 06:13 AM

6,191 posts, read 7,358,901 times
I like it (though I'm not a big fan of squared of stuff like the handles) but it is A LOT of white.

I wouldn't do white tiles on the floor but that's me. I'm not a big fan of white though.

I am, however, a big fan of gray so I have a white and gray herringbone marble floor with a gray vanity. Then I color matched this little table in the nook with the vanity. Everything else is bright white (subway tile, accessories, medicine cabinet) and then I have a touch of blue for artwork so it's not all gray and white. ;-)

Old 08-19-2015, 10:23 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,878,910 times
Have seen that tile in showroom...I like the texture but do you think that is practical because to me it would seem to trap mop water and General house dust if used on floor and soap residue if used in shower...there is texture on the tiles I felt...

Old 08-19-2015, 11:55 PM

17,475 posts, read 66,064,806 times
You might have gotten a lot more opinions/suggestions if the thread had been posted in the right Forum-
The one about interior design (style) and decorating (color)...

Old 08-20-2015, 10:06 AM

lves2read, the tile has no texture (beyond whatever minimum is required by code), those lines are just visual.

Thanks

Old 08-20-2015, 10:14 AM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,634,295 times
You asked for an opinion. Everything looks nice. Most of us could live with less than we have. I am just not into the science lab decorating that we are seeing now. They are your bathrooms though. I prefer beige, brown and softer looks with a more Roman décor. Those sharp lined cabinets and metal handles would probably have me bloody every day. I bump into things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House