Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2017, 07:30 AM

8,793 posts, read 8,170,918 times

Advertisements

I have a old vacuum cleaner. In general it does an OK job. But...

It has an "edge cleaner" design that is supposed to remove dust and dirt from right up against the wall, but the reality is that every once in a while I have to get down on my hands and knees with the hose directly against the wall to get the dust that accumulates along the 1/4" closest to the wall.

In addition, I have to do this in order to clean the dust from the top of the baseboards.

Does anyone have a vacuum that eliminates this need? Has the technology advanced far enough to have eliminated this problem yet?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2017, 08:04 AM

3,782 posts, read 4,253,409 times
My Shark does a good job of edge cleaning but only on the right side (from behind) of the cleaner head. But with just a push of the button, you can pull out the entire handle, disconnecting from the power head and suck up anything that is missed.
And I will say as a person with two large Malamutes that blow their coats twice year, this Shark NV750 I purchased is fantastic. And for an old bachelor like me who hates vacuuming, I have to say the Shark made it kind of enjoyable.

Old 07-31-2017, 09:18 AM

6,039 posts, read 6,059,272 times
In my experience vacuuming these areas can only do so much, as with even moderate indoor humidity the dust in these areas tends to get a little 'sticky' after a while. I end up wiping them down once a month or so, after vacuuming.

Old 07-31-2017, 09:24 AM

20,722 posts, read 16,389,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blktoptrvl View Post

It has an "edge cleaner" design that is supposed to remove dust and dirt from right up against the wall, but the reality is that every once in a while I have to get down on my hands and knees with the hose directly against the wall to get the dust that accumulates along the 1/4" closest to the wall.

In addition, I have to do this in order to clean the dust from the top of the baseboards.

Does anyone have a vacuum that eliminates this need? Has the technology advanced far enough to have eliminated this problem yet?
Regardless of vacuuming you'll always have dust on baseboards. I tried to tell myself it wasn't necessary but my mom was right when she did it a couple times a year - it makes a BIG difference in appearance.

Old 07-31-2017, 10:32 AM

17,475 posts, read 66,094,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blktoptrvl View Post

This is your multi-million dollar opportunity! Invent the vac that gets that area right against the baseboard!

I'll take a modest 3% for the suggestion- your welcome!!!

Old 07-31-2017, 04:11 PM

5,717 posts, read 18,938,069 times
Take a look at the Pro Team vacuum. It's commercial grade and will probably last longer than you. It's basically the old Electrolux Commercial Upright that is very well known as reliable and doing a fabulous job. You can use the HEPA filtration or not. It will do hardwood floor or carpet with you doing nothing but flipping the switch. And it has the be the quietest vacuum on earth. All you hear is a slight air noise. You can hold a normal conversation with it running.
https://www.amazon.com/ProTeam-ProFo...vacuum+cleaner
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House