Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2018, 06:58 PM

436 posts, read 578,631 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ylisa7 View Post
I'm putting this in the House thread instead of the shopping one as I think it will be seen by more people who are working on their houses.

So tell me what have you bought recently for your house that you really like or would recommend? It can be a fixture, appliance, decoration or anything else that you put in your house
I bought a three bedroom home and I use the third bedroom for an office. Recently I had glass French doors put in between the living room wall and third bedroom to make the home office open to the dining room/living/room kitchen area. The results are stunning. One simple thing changed and improved the entire look of my home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2018, 07:16 PM

15,142 posts, read 27,760,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ylisa7 View Post
What did everyone stop shopping, lol?

Anyway I need to brag about my new sink. My husband have remodeled numerous kitchens and the last ss sink I bought had excellent reviews. Well maybe those people never made pasta because every time I drained the hot water from a pot I heard a loud noise like the ss was too thin.

So this time I looked for a lower gauge sink. I am highly impressed with the stoutness of this sink. It is marked commercial/residential. It comes in many different sizes although I got a small one.
https://www.lowes.com/pd/Kraus-Stand...ink/1000457531

If you scroll down you can read numerous good reviews about the same sink but larger.
Thanks for your post! I don't have the money now (and prob. won't in the forseeable future ) - but I so wish I had gotten stainless steel instead of the white porcelein coated steel one I did - it's a bear to keep clean, scratches so easily (and then you can clean that) - thanks again

Old 06-29-2018, 09:22 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,675,571 times
Got these on sale. Used them earlier this month when we went to Chicago. You check on them from your phone and turn them on and off from the phone as well. They work great.

This is the app for Android that you use to set them up and control them from your phone.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...com.tuya.smart

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Old 06-30-2018, 09:44 AM

4,605 posts, read 3,295,372 times
Swiffer Duster. About $5 in store.

I went to the store looking for one of those cheap dollar store type "feather duster" things. Wanted to have something for cobwebs, etc., but they didn't have one and I saw the Swiffer Duster and thought I'd try it.

I'm completely in love. Picks up everything with the lightest touch and shakes off, then washes clean when you need to. Two detachable dusters come in the package.

Old 07-14-2018, 05:02 AM

4,723 posts, read 4,413,722 times
Been a while that this thread has now been buried on page 35. I have nothing at the moment to add but thought I would resurrect this gem of a thread and hope that someone has something great to add soon.

Old 07-14-2018, 06:19 PM

50,335 posts, read 63,906,560 times
Wet & Forget is a great product for removing mildew and moss from concrete or roofs.
It is non toxic to plants.
Just spray on a dry surface and the rain will wash away the stains. It is a process, but it works.

Old 07-14-2018, 07:25 PM

Miracle Gro Sprayer and fertilizer. Had one in Iowa and got rid of it thinking I wouldn't need in Las Vegas. Apparently our yard person doesn't fertilize and considering the state of the yard when we bought neither did the previous owners.

A tree in the front yard was the main concern. The same variety in the area looked a lot better than ours so I added a ring in the irrigation system around the drip line and run it extra every few days. Sprayed everything in the yard last Sunday and things are perking up. That tree is definitely looking better. I'm going to spray every two weeks until the additional 5lb package I bought is gone. The sprayer came with 1lb so I'll be fertilizing for 10 weeks.

Got this one, and the amount included did the entire yard. Easy to use, did not leak, and has a trigger for spraying that is (sort of) adjustable. You can do it, but it's a bit touchy. It also has a sliding lock that you can set so you don't have to pull the rigger constantly. The strangest thing is screwing on the container. It doesn't sit 90 degrees to the expected so you have to pay attention to it's angle. After a couple of uses I expect it to be second nature. I hope.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Miracle-Gro...e-Food/3050769

Old 07-14-2018, 07:29 PM

5,092 posts, read 14,825,943 times
We recently bought a "Dirt Devil Reach".
It's a rechargeable stick vacuum.
It costs about $85 on Amazon.
It's a lot easier to use and much more efficient than our Dyson Canister Vac that cost $500.

Old 07-14-2018, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Freddy View Post
It's a lot easier to use and much more efficient than our Dyson Canister Vac that cost $500.
Can you post the model #? Thanks!

Old 07-14-2018, 07:42 PM

1,962 posts, read 2,707,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Freddy View Post
Lousy reviews on Amazon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House