Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2008, 07:25 AM

2,153 posts, read 5,539,770 times

Advertisements

I think it is by Armstrong. It is a vinyl tile, but it isn't that really flimsy peel the back vinyl tile.

Sorry about the bad description but I for the life of me can't think of any other way to describe it. It is about 1/4th of an inch thick and is real durable. You don't need tile grout or anything, you just glue them right up next to each other.

Thanks for the help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2008, 08:18 AM

5,987 posts, read 11,676,862 times
Try this site

Armstrong Search Results 7, , 8, 1

Old 12-01-2008, 10:20 AM

620 posts, read 1,951,589 times
Isn't it just vinyl flooring tiles?

That is what we put down in our kitchen/laundry room before we sold our house. Everyone that came in actually had to bend down and touch it because it looked like actual tile. The flooring looked like natural stone. It was very durable and easy to put down. The hardest part was when my dh had to make the cuts to make sure they were accurate. You do have to make the pattern just right so it looks "natural".

Old 12-02-2008, 06:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raising3boys View Post
Isn't it just vinyl flooring tiles?

That is what we put down in our kitchen/laundry room before we sold our house. Everyone that came in actually had to bend down and touch it because it looked like actual tile. The flooring looked like natural stone. It was very durable and easy to put down. The hardest part was when my dh had to make the cuts to make sure they were accurate. You do have to make the pattern just right so it looks "natural".

It is called a specific name. I think you are talking about something different. Maybe not though. The one we had didn't look like natural stone.

Old 12-02-2008, 07:15 AM

Well, I ended up calling the store we got it from last year. It is called MetroFloor. It isn't by Armstrong.

Metroflor | Residential Products

Old 12-02-2008, 07:04 PM

Location: Sometimes Maryland, sometimes NoVA. Depends on the day of the week
1,501 posts, read 11,755,103 times
"Metroflor" looks like just another brand name of vinyl floor. Or maybe you were looking for resilient flooring? Either was, its like asking what the name of a thin, white, soft piece of paper that you use to blow your nose, and thinking of Puffs.

Old 12-03-2008, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubytue View Post
"Metroflor" looks like just another brand name of vinyl floor. Or maybe you were looking for resilient flooring? Either was, its like asking what the name of a thin, white, soft piece of paper that you use to blow your nose, and thinking of Puffs.
???? I couldn't remember the name so I asked if anyone knew what I was talking about while giving the best description I could from a year and a half ago? What's the problem here?

It isn't anything like the peel and stick skinny vinyl flooring nor is it like the vinyl linoluem stuff that comes on those big rolls. I don't do much remodeling so I have no clue if there are other floors like it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House