Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2009, 05:24 PM

2,480 posts, read 5,321,336 times

Advertisements

Cleaning what's cleaning-that's a dirty word! Seriously it's only my husband and I so our home stays pretty clean. I'll swifter the floors,clean the toilet bowls, vacuum, dust every couple of days.

The blinds and cleaning the hardwood floors every couple of weeks. The amount of time don't really know. It doesn't take that long. I have a walkout ranch-our main level is 2,200' but I rarely go in the basement-it is not finished. When I do go down there it's only to freshen up the bathroom.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2009, 07:36 PM

1,222 posts, read 5,150,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K'ledgeBldr View Post
Is that before or after the maid my DW hired?
She doesn't clean like I do.
And I hate not being able to find things that I left in a certain place because the maid thought "it" belonged somewhere else (that why DW says "clean" before the maid comes).
That just goes against all practical thinking- even the kids have that questionable look on their face.
You're not "cleaning" before the maid comes. You are picking up. I had a cleaning lady for a few years and I would pick up like mad the night before she came. That way all she had to do was clean. The picking up is what takes so long! And trust me, my husband said the same thing!!

And LittleDolphin - LOVED your comment!

Old 08-08-2009, 07:40 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,135,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYMD67 View Post
I tried scanning through previous threads prior to posting this and couldn't find anything..
Just curious...

I love to clean,am somewhat of a clean "freak" if you will with some OCD tendencies (as my family & friends joke about it quite often). Everyone told me that after we have children I would learn to let things go and quite honestly, I just can't do it,SO,I am finding that I am cleaning even more than ever now!
Somedays,as much as I really do enjoy cleaning and walking into a room that everything is in order, I just don't want to clean, but just can't seem to let it go!

It is taking me longer these days (due to children and oh well...ok-maybe my age is playing a part lately! ) and I wonder how long it takes others to clean their homes?
When I say clean, I mean the entire house ,a basic cleaning?
The bathrooms,dusting,vacuming and maybe a quick swifting or mopping of the floors?
I clean like this 2x a week and then every day I am wiping,straightening rooms,etc...

The "BIG" cleaning,windows,floorboards (although,I do clean those alot if say,I am on the phone or something like that,have to keep occupied!) happens about 3x a year I would say....

SO-how long does it take YOU to clean your house ? I think that the size of your home plays an obvious factor,so if you don't mind saying the sq footage of your home,that helps too,but not necessary.
Well, I'm a slob when it comes to cleaning. I vacuum daily and sweep/mop the kitchen floor. I clean the bathroom about once a week or so and I dust about once every couple of months.

On those rare occasions where I do "everything" at one time, it takes about three hours to clean my little 780 square feet.

20yrsinBranson

Old 07-20-2014, 12:23 PM

1 posts, read 2,356 times
how long to clean a large master bathroom

Old 07-20-2014, 12:35 PM

5,853 posts, read 5,281,784 times
My cleaning lady comes every two weeks. It took her roughly about 2 hours to clean our other house. We haven't lived in this house long enough to establish any routine yet. We have talked about if it gets too much for her, she can come once a week-one week to clean the upstairs & the next week to clean the downstairs. But so far, it hasn't come to that.

Cat

Old 07-20-2014, 01:06 PM

17,710 posts, read 29,823,179 times
1.5 hours by a crew of 2
They come every other week.

Old 07-20-2014, 01:07 PM

41,959 posts, read 75,205,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennash View Post
how long to clean a large master bathroom
A bathroom? Half hour, tops; unless the grout needs scrubbing.

Which reminds me, gotta go clean the bathroom. I broke a plastic container of bubble bath, so I thought I'd take advantage of all that soap on the floor.

Old 07-20-2014, 01:23 PM

3,158 posts, read 4,591,247 times
I'm a clean/neat freak.....I deep clean once a week , since it just my husband and I, empty-nest it's goes a lot faster these days, since we both pickup after our-self, put things away , don't really make a mess . I would vacuum daily deep clean twice a week when kids were home, now once a week . I still wipe things down after use, especially my kitchen/ bath out of habit...

Old 07-20-2014, 02:36 PM

14,249 posts, read 14,740,927 times
Two adults in a 1500sq ft new home. We are neat but not freaks about it. It takes our maid service of two women for 1.5 hours and they work steady.

Old 07-20-2014, 02:39 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,440,773 times
It takes 2 women 1.5-2 hours for a 3000 sq ft house every other week. Depends if they are cleaning the guest bedrooms/baths. I only have them do that every other time or if I'm having guests. It would take me a whole day or two to do what they do.

In between, I run a stick vac almost daily in the kitchen/eating areas and all the main traffic paths in the house. I can cover most of the space we use in 15 minutes which is how long before the battery pack runs out.

I also clean 2-3 of the toilets and bathroom sinks in between. I can do that in about 30 minutes.

I clean the kitchen sink/counters daily. If necessary, I touch up bathroom sinks/counters with wet wipes.

I clean anything obviously gross or dirty before the cleaning people come as well as straightening things to make room for cleaning. In my experience, the cleaner you are and the higher they think your standard is the better they clean.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House