Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2010, 07:43 PM

61 posts, read 273,382 times

Advertisements

Does anyone out there know if there are any plans of a Juinior High to be build by Seven Lakes HIgh School. I heard it was going to be built but I have no idea when.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2010, 08:01 PM

967 posts, read 2,611,159 times
If the KISD bond passes this November it will be built to be ready for the 2012-2013 school year. It was originally scheduled to be built to open for the 2011-2012 year, but the bond was postponed last year due to the economy. Untill a bond passes = no new school... (forget what past literature says!)

So pray for a yes vote! (and if in Katy vote in the election too)

Old 08-19-2010, 08:05 PM

61 posts, read 273,382 times
Oh OK!! I am definately going to pray for a YES vote for that school. Also pray that we will get zoned there. We are about a 5 minute walk from Seven Lakes High school and we are zoned to Stanley Elementary and then Woodcreek Junior. I really hope they will push for the Junior High. But is it going to be next to Seven Lakes ?

Old 08-19-2010, 08:25 PM

967 posts, read 2,611,159 times
The plan is to be in Seven Lakes...

I am in the same boat as you. My kids go to Stanley. When we moved here, the local Jr Hi was Beckendorff. But it is crowded from the East. For example, it pulls ALL Grand Lakes students, even those East of 99, who could walk to Beck.

So when Woodcreek opened way up yonder, my neighborhood (Cinco Sedona) rezoned up there. Even though Beckendorff is so close they had no room for us.

Of course as you know, fellow Stanley parent, that Stanley population has exploded and will continue to grow (the school is over capacity already!) with neighbors from further west. So yes, the next junior high school may be by Seven Lakes, but just because any of us is closer to it than Woodcreek, it is no guarantee we will be zoned to it. They plan several schools in this SW quad (look for yourself at Katy ISD)

So if they think your neighborhood may be soon zoned to a different, newer Junior hi a year or two out, they will keep you at Woodcreek until your closer Jr High opens... to keep your neighborhood from being rezoned too often.

Nothing out here is a sure thing. Just take it easy and roll with it... The kids'll be alright
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: