Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2006, 03:00 PM

1,336 posts, read 6,444,076 times

Advertisements

It was a nice day on Friday so I took some pics, hope you enjoy.

Longwood is located off Louetta Blvd, about equidistant between Hwy 249 & US 290 in Cypress. It is bordered by Lakewood to the North and Coles Crossing to the South.
(note: subject in photo is the Longwood shopping center, the neighborhood is top right)

Entrance to Longwood on Louetta, behind it is a small lake with a jogging track around it.

The neighborhood began development in 1993 by Cypress Real Estate Advisors

Longwood strives to maintain its 'woodsy' character and has a strict HOA regulations that prohibit the removal of trees larger than 3 caliper inches without approval.

Longwood has 21 sections in all.

Longwood has 3 gated sections, this is one of two within an area called "the Parkes"

Custom home in Longwood

Last edited by Mr. Football; 11-06-2006 at 03:24 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2006, 03:01 PM

Longwood Park #2 Clubhouse, pool, tennis courts, playground

Miles of Hike & Bike Trails run throughout the neighborhood

The Longwood Golf Clubhouse, is modelled after a Kentucky horse farm

The Longwood Golf Club is a 27-hole course, a popular spot for hosting corporate, celebrity, and charity golf tournaments.

Homes along the golf course in Longwood

Home prices in Longwood range from the $170's to $1 million

Telge Entrance to Longwood

Quaint church at the crossroads in Cypress. This is where all the major roads intersect, forming a picturesque triangle. This would be an ideal spot for a real town center.

Looking back across from the church at the entrance to Longwood on Telge

Longwood Pond has picnic tables, bbq grills, jogging trails and catch & release fishing for the kids.

Old 11-06-2006, 03:05 PM

Outside Longwood on Huffmeister, near the historic 'Tin Hall' one of the oldest Dance Halls in Texas in continual operation (to the left of it is Longwood, to the right is Coles Crossing).

Longwood Park #1, neighborhood features 2 parks with clubhouses, olympic pool, splash pads, playgrounds, and tennis courts.

One of the sections designed for the "50 and over" set, dotted with mini parks - Mostly custom patio homes, with an attractive uniform color scheme, with many located along the golf course.

Gazebo in Longwood, located in one of a number of mini-parks scattered throughout the neighborhood.

House Divided - Notice the signs on the house. Longwood currently is split between two High Schools in the Cy-Fair School District. The neighborhood is now zoned to the new Cypress Woods HS, however current Junior & Seniors will finish up at Cy-Fair HS.

Longwood Fall Festival held last week

Longwood Fall Festival, carnival rides for the kids.

Pony rides...Longwood holds 4 big neighborhood events (Fall Festival , Christmas Party, Easter Egg Hunt, and 4th of July Parade).

Custom home in Longwood

Longwood completed buildout around 2001, with about 1400 homes.

Old 11-06-2006, 06:49 PM

20 posts, read 122,460 times
I love these pictures of your neighborhood. We've visited Houston before and was really impressed with the tree lined streets, neigborhood parks, and beautiful homes. Seems like a nice place to raise a family.......Hope to see more pictures.

Old 11-08-2006, 10:06 PM

10,345 posts, read 8,557,056 times
Hey Mr football . . . That was great seeing the pics. Really gave me a feel for the community. Here in california homes would start from the 1 million mark to be in a place as nice as that. I have a home as a rental in Indian Village in Cypress I think it's called. Is that visable on the aerial map you posted? I chose it because there were a fair amount of trees as aopposed to some other communities I looked at which looked barren except for a few starter trees.
Where did you get the aerial picture?

Old 11-09-2006, 01:44 AM

VILLAGE OF INDIAN TRAILS is due directly NW of Longwood. This satellite photo may have been taken prior to that community's development, but in this photo its in the forested area nw of the pushpin.

Old 11-09-2006, 02:20 PM

10,345 posts, read 8,557,056 times
ahh. so Longwood is the community across the main road leaving Indian trails. I saw it leavng and I will come and explore next ime I'm out that way which might be next weekend.
Thanks for the map.

Old 01-28-2007, 02:32 PM

1 posts, read 27,906 times
those pictures were great! My family has lived in longwood for a few years and love it! the pictures you posted were fabulous and really show people what longwood is all about.

Old 01-29-2007, 07:24 AM

16 posts, read 93,217 times
Smile Great pictures

Longwood is really nice. Great pics.Will keep this in mind when we move to look at this area.

Old 01-29-2007, 08:49 PM

16 posts, read 134,667 times
Looks very nice. What is the commute like from there to the med center? What do the HOA fees run?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston