Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-13-2008, 12:01 AM

13 posts, read 51,363 times

Advertisements

I am looking to buy a new home in Sugar Land and was wondering if the house prices in Telfair have reduced. Also would like to know if the new Riverstone sub-division in Sugar Land is affected by the waster water sewage plant that is close to this location. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2008, 08:21 AM

132 posts, read 588,192 times
It appears inventory homes are rising in numbers and that makes me think that prices are tend to fall. Also, most builders skyrocketed the price for their second phase expecting that people will camp-out to buy a home (as happened in phase I).
Though realtors may say 'everything is great here in houston', smart home buyers know that is not true and are waiting for the builders to accept the reality and reduce the base price.

Old 02-13-2008, 08:56 AM

4 posts, read 17,443 times
Default They are willing to negatiate

I talked to David Weekly, Newmark, Village Builder, and Trendmaker there last month, they were all willing to negotiate, although the deal for inventory homes are much better than dirt deals. Hope this helps.

Old 02-13-2008, 09:03 AM

9,273 posts, read 26,501,448 times
I think people really have to pick and chose their xburb very carefully in a down housing market. I notice that in-town home sales are still turning over very quickly, and at no cost reduction.

Old 02-13-2008, 09:50 AM

1,461 posts, read 5,598,636 times
Many homebuilders are now competing with the resale market, so yes prices are being reduced on many inventory homes.

Old 03-03-2008, 09:02 PM

759 posts, read 3,185,112 times
I would say it all depends. If you want a nice lot (water front, oversized, cul-de-sac) you will probably pay for it...I had too . But I am really happy with the lot and the design of the house that I will be bulding in the next 6-8 months. Of course if you want the best bang for your buck, then inventory is the way to go. I still think Telfair is going to be something special. the second the economy turns a bit, the Phase 2 will most likely sell out. Phase 3 is planned for later this year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston