Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2008, 11:09 PM

2 posts, read 25,618 times

Advertisements

My husband and I are looking into buying a Lennar home in the Lakemont neighborhood at Mason Road and the Westpark Tollway. Does anybody have any thoughts about either Lennar homes or Lakemont? We really know nothing about the area (other than it is a good location for us and in our price range!) so we would appreciate any advice! Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2008, 07:59 AM

1,507 posts, read 3,410,575 times
Smile Lakemont

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsAggie View Post
My husband and I are looking into buying a Lennar home in the Lakemont neighborhood at Mason Road and the Westpark Tollway. Does anybody have any thoughts about either Lennar homes or Lakemont? We really know nothing about the area (other than it is a good location for us and in our price range!) so we would appreciate any advice! Thanks!
Hello,
Yes the Lennar homes in Lakemont are a good choice. I happen to know that area real well and for the price it is a good value. You are fairly close in. The Galleria is only about 15 mins plus you are close to Westchase, The Energy Corridor and Sugar Land. Even Downtown and the Medical Center are within 30 Minutes depending on the traffic on West Park Tollway. Crime is low, the Schools are Good and Lennar is a good builder. I don't see how you could go wrong.

Old 04-12-2008, 09:17 AM

2 posts, read 25,618 times
Thanks for the advice. So far everything I have heard about Lennar has been mixed reviews. I think the location is very good for us....my biggest concerns would be the Lamar school district and the quality of construction.

Old 04-28-2008, 07:00 PM

9 posts, read 66,384 times
Default Lakemont

Howdy Aggie! What year did you graduate, I'm c/o 03 (Whoop!!).

About Lakemont, I live just next door in Grand Mission. As a Realtor, I haven't heard any complaints about Lennar's quality of construction. The schools you would be zoned to in LCISD are great schools. I am not a fan of the district as I have taught there as a teacher, but Foster High and Bricoe Junior High both have great ratings and run much better than the other schools. You will be getting a brand new Elementary school, so not sure there. But so far, if your kids are in middle and high school, they will be getting a good education.

[MOD CUT]

Old 04-28-2008, 07:28 PM

4,244 posts, read 8,757,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsAggie View Post
When we were looking at Lennar in Cinco Ranch we notice that we could get the same plan in Lakemont for about 20k less than Cinco. We thought about buying in Lakemont but our realtor kept steering us towards Katy because of the Schools.

I have an Aunt and a former co-worker who lives there and they both love it.

Old 06-04-2008, 06:21 PM

5 posts, read 24,902 times
After months of looking, my Wife and I have decided to move there with our family. We are in Cinco Ranch at the moment and haven't been impressed. The schools were our biggest concern as our son has special needs and everyone raves about the standard of education in Katy, so it was a tough decision. We made some enquiries about the new elementary school and the next thing we knew the principal called my Wife personally and was willing to answer any questions we had (we have since found out that he was voted principal of the year in his district last year). Then the head of special education called us and left a message on our answer phone leaving her home number for us to call her on the Sunday. She was extremely helpful and informed us of the plans they had for the school. Since moving from Scotland at the start of the year we thought that Cinco Ranch would be evertyhing we would be looking for, but unfortunately we find there is no sense of community and not one person has even said hello to us? Whereas every time we have been driving in Lakemont everyone smiles and waves. When we went down to look at two of the plots there both sets of neighbors came out to introduce themselves. I will agree that it may not be as be as grand as Cinco Ranch, but I feel Cinco is just too big and impersonal and Lakemont seems smaller with a close knit community. It has everything we are looking for at a price we can afford, so that swung it for us. Hope this helps - By the way we are living in a Lennar home at the moment and it is very nicely finished, and we are moving to a Meritage home in Lakemont.

Old 06-05-2008, 08:22 AM

57 posts, read 405,885 times
Currently living in a Lennar house in Seven Meadows built in 2005. We were the 7th people to buy in our section, and they ended up selling out much earlier than anticipated within a year and a half. I only have positive things to say about lennar. They have a lot of features that you can choose from and are included as standard without nickeling and diming you for upgrades like some competitors. Looking back, we got a bargain on the house considering the quality/features of the house. I was actually even more impressed with their warranty dept, which was very quick to respond to some minor issues that I had after the purchase. Although I might have had a good experience with Lennar, it all depends on the construction manager and crew that is building your home at the time. I guess we got lucky.

In regards to Wokster's comment about moving to Lakemont from Cinco Ranch, I wish him/her luck. Sorry the neighbors didn't work out, but that just might be that street as every set of neighbors are different and cant generalize Cinco Ranch that way. I personally would stay/move to a neighborhood within Katy ISD for purposes of home value and appreciation. I can guarantee you that you will have a harder time reselling your home (if you ever decided to later down the road) at a fair price in Lakemont versus Cinco.

Old 04-26-2010, 05:58 PM

1 posts, read 10,912 times
We are looking at some homes in Lakemont Shores, built by BRIGHTON. Have seem them around all over houston and it seems that Brighton has a good reputation. We have 02 teenage girls, one in high, the other in middle in cy-fair schools, which we are very dissatisfied with. When we first moved in cyfair ISD, things were good, that was in 2004.
I have driven around the Lakemont neighborhood and like it, have also read the reviews here and they seem to be very positive. Would appreciate if a resident at lakemont can give us their advise about LAMAR SCHOOLS and the COMMUNITY.
It will be our second home and we want to make sure that it does not start to get run down in 3-5 years time, the way the first neighborhood did.

New comers to lakemont

Old 04-26-2010, 11:25 PM

9,053 posts, read 17,192,790 times
Any builder is only as good as the building super. That said, I was very impressed with Lennar's guy in Lakemont, during construction. Rather than fight the buyer's inspector, he chose to work with him. They were built well in that subdivision.

Old 04-27-2010, 12:49 AM

4,244 posts, read 8,757,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheryjohns View Post
Any builder is only as good as the building super. That said, I was very impressed with Lennar's guy in Lakemont, during construction. Rather than fight the buyer's inspector, he chose to work with him. They were built well in that subdivision.
Unlike that moron who builds in Cinco Ranch
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston