Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-02-2013, 09:06 AM

1,915 posts, read 3,238,157 times

Advertisements

My vehicle registration is up for renewal soon, and I recently moved from Harris to Fort Bend County. Is there anyway I can renew the vehicle registration with the new Fort Bend County address without going to the Fort Bend County DMV (i.e. online or at a Kroger/HEB), or do I have to suck it up and take off work and wait in the lines?

If I need to renew, what all do I need to bring to the DMV? Also, does the address on my TX insurance card need to match the new address, or will the old address be accepted? The TX insurance renewal date is a few weeks after the registration deadline.

I would like this process to be as painless as possible
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2013, 09:43 AM

675 posts, read 1,452,989 times
Places like HEB and Kroger are THIRD PARTY vendors and they do NOT have access to your account information. All they do is scan the barcode on your tags and if you are able to renew it the computer lets you if not you can't. I worked at HEB during college and can not tell you the amount of times customers would get angry because we couldn't renew their auto tags. If I were you, I would just go to a Harris county HEB and grab your tags. Switch them over to Fort Bend county whenever you have time.

Old 11-02-2013, 09:59 AM

705 posts, read 1,259,723 times
The lines in Fort Bend have always been short for me every time I've gone, if there was even a line. I know you need proof of insurance and probably something that reflects your new address. I'm not sure if the address on insurance card needs to match, but your insurance provider could print or email you a new card with your new address.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: