Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2011, 08:18 AM

8,227 posts, read 11,148,176 times

Advertisements

2 arrested in robberies of mothers outside store | Newswatch | a Chron.com blog

What kind of low life robs a women with her kids? And I thought Pearland was suppoesed to be this "safe" suburban enclave. It seems the last couple of years there has been a lot of crime in that area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2011, 08:39 AM

8,376 posts, read 30,705,196 times
Been more than the past couple of years. Close to 288 (Silverlake), that area has had these kinds of lowlife fools for at least 10 years.

Old 11-28-2011, 08:46 AM

3,333 posts, read 9,175,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tstone View Post
Been more than the past couple of years. Close to 288 (Silverlake), that area has had these kinds of lowlife fools for at least 10 years.
They're everywhere. Idiots. Murders in Clearlake, robberies in Pearland and everything in between.

Ronnie

Old 11-28-2011, 10:27 AM

2,945 posts, read 4,992,719 times
NGL, when I shop I'm always aware of my surroundings and more often than not I see mothers putting their kids in the cars in the worst ways.

Other than the ones who have the bad kids that are jumping around and playing behind the car more than 3 feet from the mom (if that's not a snatch the kid free for all) of course these are the same moms that when walking in a store have their kids 4 feet behind them. Kids seriously under 10 for real. WTF kind of parent or person who goes in a store with kids DOESN'T have the kids in front of you? If they don't want to hold your hand or you don't want to hold theirs you still let them walk in front of you. You always have the kids in front of you. I have no kids and even I know that. Knew that as a kid. That's just ignorant.

Or they will be putting the kids in the car with their purse on the shoulder facing out of the car. That's just asking the thug to grab their purse. Purse should be on the arm that's going in the car with the kid.

Hell, I was at my Kroger the other day and moving the basket from near my passenger side when I noticed a BIG black purse, open wide in the FRONT SEAT of a BMW with super clear factory non-tent.

Come and break my window because I'm stupid!

The funny part was I passed the lady up going in and she was walking like she was in no rush. How do you not remember your purse is on the seat and you have no tinted windows?

Just ignorant.

Old 11-28-2011, 10:34 AM

Location: Where nothing ever grows. No rain or rivers flow, Texas
1,085 posts, read 1,581,615 times
How about we make it a habit to look out for people loading up their stuff/kids?

Old 11-28-2011, 10:35 AM

480 posts, read 1,699,171 times
The Pearland Police Dept. is very good at catching these perps.

Old 11-28-2011, 10:39 AM

3,333 posts, read 9,175,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DejaBlue View Post
NGL, when I shop I'm always aware of my surroundings and more often than not I see mothers putting their kids in the cars in the worst ways.

Other than the ones who have the bad kids that are jumping around and playing behind the car more than 3 feet from the mom (if that's not a snatch the kid free for all) of course these are the same moms that when walking in a store have their kids 4 feet behind them. Kids seriously under 10 for real. WTF kind of parent or person who goes in a store with kids DOESN'T have the kids in front of you? If they don't want to hold your hand or you don't want to hold theirs you still let them walk in front of you. You always have the kids in front of you. I have no kids and even I know that. Knew that as a kid. That's just ignorant.

Or they will be putting the kids in the car with their purse on the shoulder facing out of the car. That's just asking the thug to grab their purse. Purse should be on the arm that's going in the car with the kid.

Hell, I was at my Kroger the other day and moving the basket from near my passenger side when I noticed a BIG black purse, open wide in the FRONT SEAT of a BMW with super clear factory non-tent.

Come and break my window because I'm stupid!

The funny part was I passed the lady up going in and she was walking like she was in no rush. How do you not remember your purse is on the seat and you have no tinted windows?

Just ignorant.
Agreed folks aren't always extra careful, but blaming the victim is just wrong. Couple of punk kids can ruin lives at the most, and the holidays at the least.

Ronnie

Old 11-28-2011, 10:49 AM

8,227 posts, read 11,148,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimBomb View Post
How about we make it a habit to look out for people loading up their stuff/kids?
I thought that's what the toy cop security guards were for? And not to get of subject but why the hell do some of these places have fat women security guards to begin with? Who the hell are they going to catch or stop? It's a joke, unless its off duty HPD officers, you might as well not have the flash light cops.

Old 11-28-2011, 01:14 PM

Location: Where nothing ever grows. No rain or rivers flow, Texas
1,085 posts, read 1,581,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
And not to get of subject but why the hell do some of these places have fat women security guards to begin with?
for visibility. theyre sending the signal 'your mama is watching'

Old 11-28-2011, 02:08 PM

2,945 posts, read 4,992,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonRonnie View Post
Agreed folks aren't always extra careful, but blaming the victim is just wrong. Couple of punk kids can ruin lives at the most, and the holidays at the least.

Ronnie
I'm not blaming the victims but people get SO absent-minded when they think they're in a nice area and around no danger. Punk kids will try anything, anywhere. Don't think rich kids in the Woodlands don't do stupid crap. They just have lawyer daddies who shove it under the rug and let them get away with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston