Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-13-2006, 03:10 PM

21 posts, read 71,336 times

Advertisements

Hello ,

We visited Houston a while ago and we loved it. I mean, the peolpe were really great and we felt like this could be our new home. My husband is a CPA (Audit Manager) and he needs to get out of "public accounting" and work in the private sector because busy season is coming and they will make him work 7 days a week until midnight. It is a nightmare. The other thing is that it is very difficult to sell homes in Orlando right now because they have so much inventory. Two homes in our street are "For Sale" and they just don't sell although these homes are "priced" under market value and they look really great. I am so scared that we won't sell our home in order to move to texas. I am getting our home ready. Our pool screen will be fixed next week. Which real estate agent should I go with ? Is there a website where I can find out who sold the most homes in our area ? I am really sorry for this post. I just needed to write it down in order to feel better. I really love the woodlands a lot. It was awesome, we had a great time . I know our two kids will love it there as well. I hope that all our and your dreams will come true. Once again, sorry for my english I am german and try as hard I can to avoid spelling mistakes. Have a great day.
Simone
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2006, 04:04 PM

169 posts, read 678,817 times
Guten tag! I don't know about agents in that area so I really can't be of any help, but just wanted to wish you luck with your move.

Old 10-13-2006, 04:13 PM

3,823 posts, read 14,668,971 times
Default Selling Your Home

Basically, you want to make your home more desirable than the other two homes on your street. Here are some tips:

Don't use the same real estate company the other two houses are using
Interview several realtors (ask for their selling history, how long the houses were on the market, etc.)
Curb appeal. Fix up your yard (add some flowers, etc.)
Inside the house: Clean, remove clutter, maybe extra furniture (store in garage or somewhere else). Potential buyers have to imagine what "their" stuff will look like in your house. I've even heard taking down family pictures and do not put any political signs out on the front lawn.
Also, paint the inside neutral colors (such as variations of white)
Advertise: These days it is a MUST to put your house on the internet (pick a realtor that does this). This will give your house exposure to other states where buyers are looking to relocate or invest.
Here is a web site with lots of tips:

http://selling-your-home-tips.com/

Good Luck!

Old 10-13-2006, 09:05 PM

1,336 posts, read 6,445,794 times
Ausgezeichnet!

Wilkommen, freund.

Old 10-14-2006, 04:47 PM
TGM

100 posts, read 592,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keltay View Post
sorry for my english I am german and try as hard I can to avoid spelling mistakes.
Are you kidding me? If you had not mentioned that English is your 2nd language I would never had guessed. Your english and grammar was great and you have nothing to apologize for. Here's a (+) postitive post rating just for you !

Troy

Old 10-16-2006, 08:31 AM

21 posts, read 71,336 times
Default Thank you very much !!!

That was very nice of you.

Simone

Old 10-30-2006, 10:08 AM

6 posts, read 45,098 times
Smile You Can Sell Your Home Without A Realtor

I First Want To Say I Agree With What Steelman Had Sugested About How To Improve The Chances For Your House To Sell. I Would Take Down The Personal Photos Too. I Personally Sold My Last Home Without An Agent. I Sold My House The The Third Day I Put My For Sale By Owner Sign In The Front Yard. I Sold My House To The Fist Couple That Came For A Showing Not To Mention I Sold It For Sticker Price. It Was Very Simple And Quite Easy To Do. Here Are Some Examples If Your Interior Walls Are Painted Any Color Than Neutral Model Home Colors Repaint The Walls. The Bedrooms Should Be Clear Of Clutter And Appear Spacious So If You Have One Toio Many Dressers In The Room Take One Out. The Closets Should Be Clean. The Kitchen Needs To Clear Of Clutter. Put Away The Toaster,can Opener, Coffee Maker And All Unnecessary Items On Top Of The Counters. The Purpose Is So Potential Buyes Can See How Much Available Counter Space They Can Have. The Smell Of The Home Should Be Pleasant Nothing Too Strong Though. I Also Would Suggest Turning On Some Light Jazz Music, Light A Scented Candle. Also Have Some Fresh Yellow Flowers Planted In The Front Yard Along With Some Other Vibrant Colors. Make Sure The Back Yard Looks Just As Appealing As The Front Does. Remember Just Have Your Home Resemble A Model Home And You Can Not Go Wrong. Do Your Homework On The Resale Market In Your Area. For Example You Can Ask A Realtor To Print Copies Of All The Recent Home Sales In Your Area In The Past Six Months. Take A Look At Those Prices And Compare Them To Your Own Home And This Will Give You An Idea At Is A Competitive Price To Ask. Also Visit All The New Home Builders In Your Area And Take Home Their Sales Brochures And Use These To Your Advantage. As An Example What Does The Builder Offer As Standard Basic Feautures In Their Home. Perhaps It Costs Extra To Install Crown Molding, Maybe Extra For Tile Floors, Sodding The Yard, Sprinkler Systems, Alarm Sysytems, Ceiling Fans In All Bedrooms, Blinds For The Windows. These Are Just Some Examples That May Help In Making Your Home A More Attractive Home Versus The New Home For Sale. I Do Hope This Helps In Selling Your Home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston