Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2013, 09:36 AM

17 posts, read 80,044 times

Advertisements

We recently had so much trouble with our comcast internet connection specially where the connection arbitrarily disconnects for a minute every 3 hours, that we decided to get out of comcast. We are researching other providers, entouch and AT&T cable and internet. AT&T signal is very poor in our house so there is no possibility of that I suppose. I am reading not too many positive reviews about Entouch but all of the posted in 2011 and early 2012.

Any recent complaints about them or feedback would be appreciated?

Or if there are any better providers that you know please share. I wonder when Verizon FIOS intends to come into the neighborhood. We are in Sugarland, Riverstone community.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2013, 09:44 AM

1,614 posts, read 2,664,511 times
We are also in Riverstone, Sugarland. We have entouch for cable, phone and Internet. So far it has been ok. We have had two times in the past month where the phone and Internet have gone out for a few hours (here and in Sienna, according to entouch) and that has been annoying. No idea why though. Set up was easy, the price is right, and we are fairly happy so far. Hopefully, we won't have any more outages. As for other providers, we didn't even come across any others when we were looking when we moved in to our house here in March.

We used to have AT&T uverse at our old home in Richmond, and we loved that, but that isn't available in Riverstone. We have AT&T for our cell phones, and the reception here is just dreadful. Horrible.

Old 05-03-2013, 11:15 PM

44 posts, read 218,829 times
I just moved to Riverstone not too long ago and I wanted to go with Comcast since I had them at my other house and never had any problems or experienced any outage, but they told me they can't service my street (weird), so I had no choice but to go with Entouch. I've had them for 1.5 months so far and I experienced 2 outages so far. I hope it doesn't become a frequent thing because it's very inconvenient...

Old 05-04-2013, 06:37 AM

1,614 posts, read 2,664,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hx2010 View Post
I just moved to Riverstone not too long ago and I wanted to go with Comcast since I had them at my other house and never had any problems or experienced any outage, but they told me they can't service my street (weird), so I had no choice but to go with Entouch. I've had them for 1.5 months so far and I experienced 2 outages so far. I hope it doesn't become a frequent thing because it's very inconvenient...

Looks like we had the same outages. Ugh.

Old 05-07-2013, 03:33 PM

Sounds good, thanks for the quick reply. We will get our connection finalized this weekend, hopefully the outages are just a temporary one. I am glad we are getting comcast out of our way. Seems like we were paying so much money for nothing.

Old 05-07-2013, 03:38 PM

And yes, AT&T signal is horrible at our house as well, we have verizon on our phone, no complaints at all.

@hx2010, I am surprised Comcast said they couldnt provide service in Riverstone. Well, I am glad to hear you are happy with Entouch.

Old 05-07-2013, 04:01 PM

51 posts, read 237,210 times
we have entouch and the internet and phone goes out every once in a while the past month of so. (I guess the same one everyone else is talking about). also, my phone would disconnect in the middle of some of my calls about once every other day for about a couple of months, but now don't have that issue. i'm thinking about moving to comcast, since i work from home and internet and phone connectivity are essential to get my work done. i had comcast before at our old home and while we did have issues, didn't seem as much as entouch. no provider can have 100% uptime. when we first move the riverstone, entouch was the only provider, but now that comcast installed the necessary cabling on our street, it is now available.

Old 05-07-2013, 04:04 PM

51 posts, read 237,210 times
also, does anyone know how to check your voicemail for our homephone? our mailbox is apparently full and we never received instructions on how to check it.

Old 11-12-2013, 07:06 AM

Well, we got Entouch and have to admit the internet connection is not that good. The connection slows down in the night and our HDTV has a wifi adapter and I had no trouble connecting to Youtube / netflix via Comcast but since we had entouch, I haven't been able to connect to it at all. We are thinking if we should return to Comcast now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston