Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2016, 10:41 PM

6 posts, read 8,160 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone. I received a Speeding ticket April 1st in Webster, TX. (Harris) I was able to do deferred adjudication. Meaning complete the drivers Ed course, and I would have to be on probation for 90 days.

Today May 8th, I received another speeding ticket in Texas City (Galveston County). Had an emergency back in town and was rushing but that shouldn't be an excuse. It's only been about 30 days since my last ticket. I had already completed drivers Ed, but I'm still on my probation for 60 more days.

What happens now? Does the probation still apply if it's in different counties, or would I have to pay the full fine amount for the ticket I just received? Or what happens next? Very confused about this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2016, 12:34 AM

11,761 posts, read 7,263,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmiketx View Post
Hello everyone. I received a Speeding ticket April 1st in Webster, TX. (Harris) I was able to do deferred adjudication. Meaning complete the drivers Ed course, and I would have to be on probation for 90 days.

Today May 8th, I received another speeding ticket in Texas City (Galveston County). Had an emergency back in town and was rushing but that shouldn't be an excuse. It's only been about 30 days since my last ticket. I had already completed drivers Ed, but I'm still on my probation for 60 more days.

What happens now? Does the probation still apply if it's in different counties, or would I have to pay the full fine amount for the ticket I just received? Or what happens next? Very confused about this.
Read the terms and conditions granted for your deferred adjudication. Usually if you receive a ticket anywhere in the State of Texas while on deferred adjudication then you will be found guilty for the first ticket since you violated the terms of the adjudication agreement while on the 90 day probation.

Old 05-09-2016, 05:39 AM

2,165 posts, read 3,774,895 times
You may get lucky since it was two different counties.

I wish Texas would fix the system.

Old 05-09-2016, 07:15 AM

I'm sure hoping so. I just want to pay the fines and all and avoid jail time/license suspension if that's even possible.

Old 05-09-2016, 07:29 AM

684 posts, read 514,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSL_PWR View Post
You may get lucky since it was two different counties.

I knew a guy who had a situation like yours and he didn't say anything to either counties. The place he was on probation at never found out he got another ticket and he was released from probation and it was removed from his record. The second place allowed him basically a similar probation situation where he had to complete a drivers course or something which he did and when he finished he was let off of his ticket there too. Apparently the two counties never discovered the overlapping tickets or charges but then again thats been some 10 years ago and not sure what the computer systems are like now.

With Government and those government employees often times the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing even if the government agencies are housed in the same building.

I cannot give you legal advice but if it we me Id simply not say anything and just pray my probation period ended and they didn't discover the new ticket and erased everything. I'd also be praying at the same time that even if it was discovered that the government employee who found it on either side was one of those who doesn't do anything about it because its not their job.

Good luck!

Old 05-09-2016, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Lurker View Post
I knew a guy who had a situation like yours and he didn't say anything to either counties. The place he was on probation at never found out he got another ticket and he was released from probation and it was removed from his record. The second place allowed him basically a similar probation situation where he had to complete a drivers course or something which he did and when he finished he was let off of his ticket there too. Apparently the two counties never discovered the overlapping tickets or charges but then again thats been some 10 years ago and not sure what the computer systems are like now.

With Government and those government employees often times the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing even if the government agencies are housed in the same building.

I cannot give you legal advice but if it we me Id simply not say anything and just pray my probation period ended and they didn't discover the new ticket and erased everything. I'd also be praying at the same time that even if it was discovered that the government employee who found it on either side was one of those who doesn't do anything about it because its not their job.

Good luck!

That is what I'm hoping for. I'm planning to turn in my certificate of completion to the Webster Municipal court later today. I'm not sure if they will be able to see I got a different ticket in a different county already.

Old 05-09-2016, 02:15 PM

399 posts, read 642,156 times
I am confused normally you get deferred adjudication instead of taking defensive driving... Why did you do both? You could have taken Defensive driving and had the ticket automatically removed. I have actually ask for deferred adjudication instead of def driving before so I did not have to take Def. driving. Plus so I could take it if needed (within the 1-2 year time limit). Normally with deferred adjudication you pay a fine and then they set a time frame (60-90 days) where you cannot get a ticket. At the end of the time frame you mail in copy of your driving record showing no tickets and it is dismissed.

Old 05-09-2016, 02:27 PM

2,465 posts, read 5,794,279 times
Keep delaying the court date for the second ticket until you done with probation for the first one. You will violate probation only if you found guilty of that violation. This trick worked for me 100% and I am not sure if legal or not but it just worked.

Old 05-09-2016, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasroots77 View Post
I am confused normally you get deferred adjudication instead of taking defensive driving... Why did you do both? You could have taken Defensive driving and had the ticket automatically removed. I have actually ask for deferred adjudication instead of def driving before so I did not have to take Def. driving. Plus so I could take it if needed (within the 1-2 year time limit). Normally with deferred adjudication you pay a fine and then they set a time frame (60-90 days) where you cannot get a ticket. At the end of the time frame you mail in copy of your driving record showing no tickets and it is dismissed.

Due to my age (under 25), they require me to take defensive driving during deferred adjudication.

Old 05-09-2016, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanw View Post
Keep delaying the court date for the second ticket until you done with probation for the first one. You will violate probation only if you found guilty of that violation. This trick worked for me 100% and I am not sure if legal or not but it just worked.

How exactly do you delay a court date?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston