Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2013, 04:51 AM

342 posts, read 803,172 times

Advertisements

Waiter who refused service to customer becomes Web hero | The Lookout - Yahoo! News

Houston waiter refuses to serve customer who insulted Down syndrome boy | Fox News

Deep in the heart of Texas!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2013, 05:14 AM

5,976 posts, read 15,270,067 times
Default Yes indeed!

I've followed this since it started and it's been great for Houston, but especially for Mr. Garcia. I think most people have a goodness in them that is never exposed to the public as happened in this case. Just as goodness was exposed, so can dark thoughts...

If I were related to the man who said those now infamous words, I'd be concerned, however. I'm not condoning what he said at all and like everyone else, I like how Mr. Garcia stood up for Milo. But I want to believe that the man who said this did it out of ignorance, and not malice. It was another family after all, a complete one at that and so I don't think it was a dysfunctional family, or that the man was evil all around.

I've said things in my times under my breath, or only to my wife that I would neve want the public to hear. Just a few words at the wrong time can change everything, and perceptions of one, just ask the man who said the wrong words to the wrong person at the wrong time.

So I can only imagine what this man is going through; his wife, or his children if they are old enough to understand what happened. I only wished that the man would have come forward already and apologized to Milo and the world for his ignorance. Torment like this is what causes suicides in some people, let's hope this does not lead to divorce, or worse for this man.

Old 01-26-2013, 12:07 PM

3,283 posts, read 6,051,293 times
we are only 40 some odd years away from when people kept their special needs family members locked in attics or asylums. the man's view is certainly not rare from my experience, but his casualness of saying it in public leaves one thinking. hope the kids that were with him are in their older teens and able to think for themselves and not little ones. but maybe the public shaming would give them insight into what is appropriate

Old 01-26-2013, 12:41 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,565,019 times
I feel bad for the waiter.

Outside of his job, who is going to hire such a controversial person?

Old 01-26-2013, 03:43 PM

9,053 posts, read 17,197,318 times
Wow. If I had been there, the tip would have tripled. What a good guy.

Old 01-27-2013, 02:29 AM

18,130 posts, read 25,282,316 times
The restaurant should have kicked those people out
They have the right to do that

Old 01-28-2013, 04:14 AM

3,160 posts, read 4,366,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
I feel bad for the waiter.

Outside of his job, who is going to hire such a controversial person?

someone with morals and who stands by their convictions ?
Id hire him in a heartbeat.

besides, his income prolly just doubled and if he plays it right he can be a waiter making a high income, untaxed.

Old 01-28-2013, 05:26 AM

342 posts, read 803,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bily Lovec View Post
besides, his income prolly just doubled and if he plays it right he can be a waiter making a high income, untaxed.
I've never heard of the restaurant, now I do, so that is free advertisement for them. Waiter has to deal with people's sloppiness, grievance and wallet tightness, No Thank You!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston