Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2008, 11:49 AM

6,884 posts, read 20,399,779 times

Advertisements

Hey you guys--just wanted to invite anyone who is doing Atkins to join us on September 6th at 9:00AM for our very first meeting. We've got about 8-10 people coming so far.

We're meeting at a church in the Memorial/Piney Point area. It's very exciting, as I have always loved the Weight Watchers model and know how successful that can be. Now low-carbers on Atkins can have the same crucial support every week!

So, if you are already on Atkins, want to start, or just want more information, please send me a note and I will be happy to send you an invitation and a link to the sign-up site. We're on Meetup.com but I didn't want to post the direct link here in case it is considered solicitation.

Thanks for reading!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2008, 12:42 PM

1,288 posts, read 4,935,739 times
Thanks for the invite, I've always considered trying Atkins but was afraid to live without carbs! WW worked for me once but I haven't been able to stick with it lately.

Old 08-19-2008, 01:01 PM

1,461 posts, read 5,595,702 times
I LOVE bread.

Old 08-19-2008, 01:32 PM

6,884 posts, read 20,399,779 times
Me too...that's why I had to go on Atkins. I love it just a little too much.

Old 08-19-2008, 02:54 PM

3,748 posts, read 12,400,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Feebs View Post
Hey you guys--just wanted to invite anyone who is doing Atkins to join us on September 6th at 9:00AM for our very first meeting. We've got about 8-10 people coming so far.

We're meeting at a church in the Memorial/Piney Point area. It's very exciting, as I have always loved the Weight Watchers model and know how successful that can be. Now low-carbers on Atkins can have the same crucial support every week!

So, if you are already on Atkins, want to start, or just want more information, please send me a note and I will be happy to send you an invitation and a link to the sign-up site. We're on Meetup.com but I didn't want to post the direct link here in case it is considered solicitation.

Thanks for reading!
All signed up and looking forward to it> See ya there

Old 01-18-2013, 09:42 AM

1 posts, read 2,462 times
Hello..... and so glad that there is a support group for Atkins..... I would love to come to the meetings and would like to know where and when you are having them. Please let me know as I have been to a Weight Watchers meeting and I have always enjoyed Atkins... but need to build some excitement in the plan. Thank you so much..... G K

Old 04-24-2013, 12:19 PM

1 posts, read 2,297 times
Hey, any Atkins help. I'm new.

Old 04-24-2013, 01:17 PM

135 posts, read 335,189 times
I have never done the straight Atkins but I basically live a low carb (below 20g a day) life and stay fit. A friend of mine who is a nutritionist and boxing trainer developed meal plan for me that helped me drop 15 lbs fast (which was all I needed) and it changed the way I ate. I just stuck with the diet from there with cheat days once in a while.

You can still eat bread, check out Julian Bakery they have great low carb bread. I also have some low carb tortillas and pita bread. For my sweet tooth I eat Quest bars which are low carb and delicious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston