Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2013, 02:34 PM

5,976 posts, read 15,273,721 times

Advertisements

I had to go to the house in Montrose to pick up some tools and decided to drive down Westheimer to see what was going on... they were in the process of putting up the barracades at about 12:30, and there were people aready "camping out" to reserve their spot on the parade route. Looks like it is going to be crazy. There was some evangelical dude with a loud speaker talking... he's got some huge cajones... some of those big lesbians looked pretty tough even to me!

I noticed there was a festival enterance; I was not aware there was a charge for the event. It looked like the parade was free though. ?? Too bad, I remember the Westheimer Arts Festivals that were free, I remember even bringing in our own wagon with a cooler full of beer. I guess those days are never coming back. They need to have a festival in the fall when it is cooler, and for everyone. Maybe they should start a Halloween festival tradition for all and close the streets, I'd bet they'd get more people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2013, 02:45 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,929,122 times
I'm avoiding that area completely this weekend. Traffic will be a mess.

Old 06-29-2013, 03:49 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,568,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
I'm wearing shorts, so I can't unstick my pasty white legs from this leather couch anyways.

Old 06-29-2013, 04:44 PM

18,130 posts, read 25,291,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
Are you staying out of Houston?

Old 06-30-2013, 08:07 AM

2,367 posts, read 4,696,041 times
I went to it. I barely remember it after partying at the pool all day. Then a pre party. I think we were there for maybe an hour.

Old 06-30-2013, 11:56 AM

9,598 posts, read 16,568,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schumacher713 View Post
I went to it. I barely remember it after partying at the pool all day. Then a pre party. I think we were there for maybe an hour.
Lucky you! I'm still stuck on my couch....

Old 06-30-2013, 12:00 PM

5,976 posts, read 15,273,721 times
Default Uh....

Quote:
Barely remember? Do you feel sore anywhere? 'Not a place I would over do it if it were me.

Old 06-30-2013, 01:50 PM

89 posts, read 153,026 times
Quote:
I went to it. I barely remember it
Too much Absolut?

Anyway -
I hope someone here posts some pics.

Old 06-30-2013, 02:00 PM

392 posts, read 998,929 times
Quote:
Nice I really wanted to go but with the gf out of town did not want to be flying solo.

+1 for some pics

Old 06-30-2013, 10:32 PM

785 posts, read 1,234,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HookTheBrotherUp View Post
I had to go to the house in Montrose to pick up some tools and decided to drive down Westheimer to see what was going on... they were in the process of putting up the barracades at about 12:30, and there were people aready "camping out" to reserve their spot on the parade route. Looks like it is going to be crazy. There was some evangelical dude with a loud speaker talking... he's got some huge cajones... some of those big lesbians looked pretty tough even to me!

I noticed there was a festival enterance; I was not aware there was a charge for the event. It looked like the parade was free though. ?? Too bad, I remember the Westheimer Arts Festivals that were free, I remember even bringing in our own wagon with a cooler full of beer. I guess those days are never coming back. They need to have a festival in the fall when it is cooler, and for everyone. Maybe they should start a Halloween festival tradition for all and close the streets, I'd bet they'd get more people.
The Festival is free, you were probably looking at the VIP area, which you do pay for and comes with perks like an open bar and bleacher seats for the parade itself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston