Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2013, 05:37 AM

76 posts, read 236,917 times

Advertisements

I just give the family a little look/glance to make sure they see me. If it continues, I give them a stronger look and loud sigh, and just ask the waitress to move me because of the noise and hope that the family hears me. If I go out and spend my money at an establishment I like to eat in peace. Parents should know this and if they don't, my actions should let them know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2013, 05:45 AM

2,165 posts, read 3,774,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by papitosabe View Post
I just give the family a little look/glance to make sure they see me. If it continues, I give them a stronger look and loud sigh, and just ask the waitress to move me because of the noise and hope that the family hears me. If I go out and spend my money at an establishment I like to eat in peace. Parents should know this and if they don't, my actions should let them know.
I used to do that too but got tired of the confrontational nature of some people. I just alert the manager and let them deal with it or ask to be moved immediately.

Another group of parents that needs to be punched in the face are the ones that let their kids play video games at the table in a restaurant with the volume to said device turned up. Gimme a f'kn break.

Old 12-26-2013, 08:28 AM

2,945 posts, read 4,992,719 times
ccon
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSL_PWR View Post
I used to do that too but got tired of the confrontational nature of some people. I just alert the manager and let them deal with it or ask to be moved immediately.

Another group of parents that needs to be punched in the face are the ones that let their kids play video games at the table in a restaurant with the volume to said device turned up. Gimme a f'kn break.
What do they usually say? It's funny how the most confrontational ones are the ones with the worst kids.

I think of those parents in Katy kicked out of Applebee's. Those little boys were antsy during the interview. Yes they were like 3 but still. There's MANY a well behaved 3 year olds. You could tell that have a very slim disciplinary grip on them so I can totally believe they were little hellions in Applebee's.

The video games are bad! Can you not use the headbuds on the iPad kid? It's just stupid. There's enough noise with the unnecessary overhead music, then the clanging of dishes and utensils and talking now I have to listen to Temple Run too?

Old 12-26-2013, 09:04 AM

2,165 posts, read 3,774,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DejaBlue View Post
ccon

What do they usually say? It's funny how the most confrontational ones are the ones with the worst kids.

I think of those parents in Katy kicked out of Applebee's. Those little boys were antsy during the interview. Yes they were like 3 but still. There's MANY a well behaved 3 year olds. You could tell that have a very slim disciplinary grip on them so I can totally believe they were little hellions in Applebee's.

The video games are bad! Can you not use the headbuds on the iPad kid? It's just stupid. There's enough noise with the unnecessary overhead music, then the clanging of dishes and utensils and talking now I have to listen to Temple Run too?
They just get mouthy, tell me to f off, mind my own business, etc. I usually tell them I could mind my own business if I could hear myself think... pisses em' off.

I asked one family for their address one night in Outback Steakhouse. They said why? I said so that I can come over to your house when your eating dinner and make all the same noises your kid is doing now. They said, he doesn't do that at home... I said then why the hell let him do it here? (here's your sign)...

Old 12-26-2013, 09:33 AM

1,614 posts, read 2,663,685 times
I despise kids playing video games in a restaurant. Can't there be an hour or so a day where you put the iPads etc away? My kids love the iPhone, iPad and kindle fire as much as the next kid. But I refuse to let them be brought out at a restaurant. Enough is enough. A little time away from the screen is ok and won't kill you! It is a major pet peeve of mine.

Old 12-26-2013, 09:56 AM

2,945 posts, read 4,992,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSL_PWR View Post
They just get mouthy, tell me to f off, mind my own business, etc. I usually tell them I could mind my own business if I could hear myself think... pisses em' off.

I asked one family for their address one night in Outback Steakhouse. They said why? I said so that I can come over to your house when your eating dinner and make all the same noises your kid is doing now. They said, he doesn't do that at home... I said then why the hell let him do it here? (here's your sign)...
ROTFLMAO!

They don't do that at home? Parents of the Year right there

Quote:
Originally Posted by swopoe View Post
I despise kids playing video games in a restaurant. Can't there be an hour or so a day where you put the iPads etc away? My kids love the iPhone, iPad and kindle fire as much as the next kid. But I refuse to let them be brought out at a restaurant. Enough is enough. A little time away from the screen is ok and won't kill you! It is a major pet peeve of mine.
Right? Oily/greasy/food specked fingers swiping on the screen. No. It's ridiculous. A kid who looks 6+ can eat without some screen in front of them.

Old 12-26-2013, 04:24 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,220,926 times
This also can be partially blamed on society. Parents are afraid to discipline their children in public due to the stigmas that society has placed on certain levels of punishment.

It grates my nerves how some parents will stare at people in disgust while their disciplining their children. As long as it's not overboard, not need to judge or intervene.

I brought this up because earlier I took my nephews to the mall and they were acting crazy and I had warned them several times to cut it out. So my nephew knocks some stuff down from a vendor cart and I go over and get ready to pop him and the vendor couple were like "NOOO don't, it's ok! Don't to do it! It's fine!".

Old 12-26-2013, 09:29 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,929,122 times
Kid-friendly restaurants in Houston - Houston Chronicle
Keep the kids at these places...Look KID FRIENDLY!!!

Old 12-27-2013, 12:52 PM

8,895 posts, read 20,002,567 times
The problem is mommy and daddy want an upscale night out and say they will NEVER go out where they can't take their kids, so here we go - the whole rowdy clan is seated in a quiet, upscale restaurant. I must say though that even in kid friendly venues that I don't mind the kids laughing, talking loud, etc. but I still expect parents to keep their kids at their table and not up running through the restaurant or running around my table.

Family friendly does not mean anything goes. It means, laugh, have fun, squeal, whatever but keep it at your table.

Old 12-27-2013, 03:55 PM

2,465 posts, read 5,793,637 times
Some of those places look like crap including the food. Sorry mate if I can afford $100 a dish my kids will be there with me, like it or not. And probably they will behave better than some of the adults.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
Kid-friendly restaurants in Houston - Houston Chronicle
Keep the kids at these places...Look KID FRIENDLY!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston