Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2014, 08:07 AM

1,728 posts, read 3,550,583 times

Advertisements

Jogger sexually assaulted, robbed in Hershey Park restroom | khou.com Houston

Hope it's not someone who posts here

Old 01-06-2014, 08:23 AM

9,273 posts, read 26,498,768 times
Horrible situation. Everyone has the right not to be attacked,whether walking, running or using a bathroom I remember when Memorial Park had a lot of this going on. Also, some other female had this happen to her in Galveston over the weekend. Must be a new gang initiation in process. Sicko animals.

All that said, ladies shouldn't use public facilities in a park by themselves, nor wear jewelry when running. That whole area near Eldridge is not anywhere I would feel comfortable running/cycling by myself, especially on a weekday,and I travel with a .380.

Love how the media won't say the thugs are black in most stories. We can catch perps by the description of their hoodies alone.

Old 01-06-2014, 08:23 AM
fnh

2,888 posts, read 3,913,054 times
I mentioned this in a separate thread a few days ago after hearing a blurb about it on the morning news, a woman was raped at gunpoint in Terry Hershey park a few days ago. Interestingly the Chronicle still has not reported it even in the briefest news blotter format.

In October, a woman was abducted at gunpoint from the Wilcrest Whole Foods and forced to drive to an ATM to be robbed and subsequently endured an hour-long ordeal of sexual threats. Again, mums the word according to the Chronicle.

HPD searching for suspect who kidnapped woman from Whole Foods | khou.com Houston

Ignorance is bliss in certain parts of town.

Old 01-06-2014, 08:27 AM

9,273 posts, read 26,498,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fnh View Post
Ignorance is bliss in certain parts of town.
Seems you take some sort of sick glee that women have been targeted in this city, specifically in a neighborhood you have some sort of issue with. There is no ignorance, this crap goes on everywhere, no one said the Memorial strip was immune, just a little safer than some. Sick

Old 01-06-2014, 08:36 AM
fnh

2,888 posts, read 3,913,054 times
What?? How on earth...? Sigh, MORE women would be protected if there were adequate news coverage of crime ALL OVER this lovely city, wouldn't you agree?

(And the hoodie is no longer a universal symbol of thugginess thanks in large part to Mark Zuckerberg, or has the last decade passed you by? Maybe you mean only African Americans wearing hoodies?)

Edit: I'll add that when I asked a close friend of mine who lives in west Houston about the abduction at the Whole Foods, she had no idea that it had happened! None at all.

Last edited by fnh; 01-06-2014 at 09:01 AM.. Reason: Added comment

Old 01-06-2014, 09:08 AM

693 posts, read 1,108,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EasilyAmused View Post
Love how the media won't say the thugs are black in most stories.
Yeah pretty sad when the media won't be truthful and give description of the perps. They (criminals) pretty much have carte blanche license to rape other women because it would hurt the feelings of the AA community if the race of these dudes was revealed.

How dare you unfairly target AA males? For shame! (That is sarcasm in case some of your sarcasm detectors are not working today)

Old 01-06-2014, 09:21 AM

8,928 posts, read 14,342,561 times
Well, thank you, Race Baiters. Are y'all done?

I don't appreciate either of you thinking it's your place to speak for what black folks would have a problem with. Neither I or any other black person I know would have a problem with the races of the perpetrators being mentioned. And you know good and well that you have no real basis for assuming that we would have a problem with it. You're just looking for yet another reason to point the finger at blacks and whine about everything that's "wrong" with us. The obsession just will not die.

I praise God that real Houstonians aren't anywhere near as ignorant as the fools who find their way onto this forum.

Old 01-06-2014, 09:56 AM

2,756 posts, read 3,808,575 times
THERE IS NO LIBERAL CONSPIRACY TO WITHHOLD CRIMINAL'S RACE.

You may now continue on with your wing-nuttiness.

Last edited by txdemo; 01-06-2014 at 10:30 AM..

Old 01-06-2014, 10:00 AM

4,244 posts, read 8,762,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
Well, thank you, Race Baiters. Are y'all done?

I don't appreciate either of you thinking it's your place to speak for what black folks would have a problem with. Neither I or any other black person I know would have a problem with the races of the perpetrators being mentioned. And you know good and well that you have no real basis for assuming that we would have a problem with it. You're just looking for yet another reason to point the finger at blacks and whine about everything that's "wrong" with us. The obsession just will not die.

I praise God that real Houstonians aren't anywhere near as ignorant as the fools who find their way onto this forum.
Well said.

Old 01-06-2014, 10:34 AM

157 posts, read 325,749 times
Whenever the media excludes the race of the suspect, everyone assumes he is black, and 99% of the time it is true. I don't know if the media had this planned all along or if it is something they decided to do that backfired.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston