Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2014, 08:37 PM

1,343 posts, read 2,671,426 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I am new to Houston, Texas.

I have about 1000 flyers to handout to promote my business.

May I hand these flyers out to people at Houston area Malls or surrounding area malls?

May I place flyers on windsheild wipers?

May I hire a service to distribute flyers to homes door handle?

Any suggestions, comments, or questions is highly appreciated.

Thank you kindly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2014, 09:22 PM

6,870 posts, read 14,856,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by darrell2525 View Post
Hello,

I am new to Houston, Texas.

May I hand these flyers out to people at Houston area Malls or surrounding area malls?

Any suggestions, comments, or questions is highly appreciated.

Thank you kindly.
You might want to try a different approach. Approaching people in the mall tends to annoy them and finding flyers on your car windshield and door handle is even worse. Just extra trash I have to now throw away. You might want to try asking managers at places like Starbucks or other places like that if you can post a flyer on a bulletin board or leave a stack at their counter.

Old 11-13-2014, 09:30 PM

676 posts, read 931,671 times
Your going to annoy people trying to give them flyers as they are tying to get in and out of places. The majority of them will either be immediately thrown away in the first trash can they see or worse, thrown on the ground.

Most will also be annoyed with someone going around putting "trash" under their wipers while in the parking lot. Most will be thrown away or tossed on the ground. I never even read them, just crumple them up and throw away at the first trash can I come across.

Take the suggestion of finding bulletin boards at coffee shops. That will be your best bet. DO NOT just post them random places and trash up the area.

Old 11-13-2014, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikeme View Post
Your going to annoy people trying to give them flyers as they are tying to get in and out of places. The majority of them will either be immediately thrown away in the first trash can they see or worse, thrown on the ground.

Most will also be annoyed with someone going around putting "trash" under their wipers while in the parking lot. Most will be thrown away or tossed on the ground. I never even read them, just crumple them up and throw away at the first trash can I come across.

Take the suggestion of finding bulletin boards at coffee shops. That will be your best bet. DO NOT just post them random places and trash up the area.
Thank you for your comments. Well appreciated.

What about door-to-door homes? I normally see flyers on more door all the time and I read them.

Do all coffee shops have bulletin boards?

Thank you

Old 11-13-2014, 11:25 PM

860 posts, read 1,585,519 times
Quote:
Thank you for your comments. Well appreciated.

What about door-to-door homes? I normally see flyers on more door all the time and I read them.

Do all coffee shops have bulletin boards?

Thank you
Some neighborhoods do not allow flyers to be posted on doors. Mine does, but my neighbors and I usually toss them in the recycling bin unless the flyer is from a utility company or the city.

Old 11-14-2014, 06:13 AM

8,895 posts, read 19,997,888 times
You would have to have mall mgmt permission before handing out in the actual mall. What type of business is it and that may help direct people to give appropriate suggestions.

Old 11-14-2014, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texas7 View Post
You would have to have mall mgmt permission before handing out in the actual mall. What type of business is it and that may help direct people to give appropriate suggestions.
I appreciate the help.

My business is customer aquistion for a cash back website. Shop online, get big cash back from any store. I earn commission per customer purchase online. Similiar to affiliate marketing.

I read there are bulletin boards around Houston I can post my flyers on and this legal. And I can pass out at events.

Thank you

Old 11-14-2014, 06:32 AM

1,715 posts, read 2,297,831 times
Its the holiday season. There is going to be lot of traffic in the mall so I can understand how you want to target the masses. I am not sure if you are allowed to use mall premises to promote your business Depending on what kind of business it is you can decide what would be the best venue to run such kind of campaign. As others have pointed here you can check the coupon book, mail or any other options for giving out your flyers. Or you could hire those guys on traffic lights at busy intersections to hand out your flyers.

Old 11-14-2014, 06:46 AM

5,819 posts, read 7,232,679 times
Quote:

Mall: Absolutely not. Malls are private property, and NO mall is going to allow you to do that. If you do, they will ask you to leave. Immediately.

Wipers: Again, no. Most parking lots are private, same rules apply.

Quote:
As far as I know, you can do this all you want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svensk08 View Post
Some neighborhoods do not allow flyers to be posted on doors.
I am not a lawyer, I thought it was legal to do this. I *thought* First Amend rights allowed one to distribute door hangers. Not sure how a neighborhood can stop this?

Quote:
My business is customer aquistion for a cash back website. Shop online, get big cash back from any store. I earn commission per customer purchase online. Similiar to affiliate marketing.
And my final comment, said with all respect. 99.999% of people don't want to hear about your pyramid scheme, oops, I mean your affiliate marketing scheme. They will throw away whatever you hand out as quick as you can hand it out.

YMMV.

Old 11-14-2014, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrohip View Post
Mall: Absolutely not. Malls are private property, and NO mall is going to allow you to do that. If you do, they will ask you to leave. Immediately.

Wipers: Again, no. Most parking lots are private, same rules apply.

As far as I know, you can do this all you want.

I am not a lawyer, I thought it was legal to do this. I *thought* First Amend rights allowed one to distribute door hangers. Not sure how a neighborhood can stop this?

And my final comment, said with all respect. 99.999% of people don't want to hear about your pyramid scheme, oops, I mean your affiliate marketing scheme. They will throw away whatever you hand out as quick as you can hand it out.

YMMV.
Thank you astrohip.

I am not advertising my business and how I make money to anyone nor did I ask for opinions on what I do for living, I am simply asking about flyers distribution. The reason for flyer distribution is for simple customer acquisition for the website.

Can you please not reply back in regards to the business because this go off topic and forum board moderators will think I am trying spam when I am simply just asking about handing out flyers Houston. That's it. i really appreciate it. No need for negativity.

Thank you kindly
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston