Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2014, 10:53 AM

6,870 posts, read 14,859,948 times

Advertisements

I went several years ago. Not memorable. Beck's Prime is a burger I remember being quite good. Also remember enjoying having burgers at Culver's. Now I go to Five Guys. Wish there was a Culver's near where I live. I'd go there often if there was.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2014, 10:56 AM

15,216 posts, read 30,563,119 times
I haven't been to Fuddruckers in ages, certainly not since Luby's took it over. I think I was last there in Galveston, probably around 2005, and thought it was nothing special but I enjoyed it as a kid. A kid who grew up in Texas City, no less. We're not talking sophistication here.

They're all hamburgers in any case. I like to remind of that when we go off into the Whataburger/In-N-Out wankfests.

Old 12-20-2014, 11:06 AM

960 posts, read 2,750,531 times
Pappasitos is back to our favorite Mexican restaurant after Lupe Tortilla screwed up big time - they changed the taste of the food and ripped out the sand box so many families left. But Pappasitos has remained the same and has excellent in food and services - it's often a long wait on busy days even for lunch. However, at busy times, we often go to a locally owned restaurant, Teotihuacan where we get a table right away.

Fuddruckers was bought out by Luby's. The restaurant ambiance and menu has improved. This is good for families where everyone can find what they like from burgers to healthy salad. I like pouring melted jalapeno cheese on my burger. This and Five Guys is where I like to go if we want hamburgers.

Old 12-20-2014, 11:42 AM

1,329 posts, read 3,545,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfre81 View Post
I haven't been to Fuddruckers in ages, certainly not since Luby's took it over. I think I was last there in Galveston, probably around 2005, and thought it was nothing special but I enjoyed it as a kid. A kid who grew up in Texas City, no less. We're not talking sophistication here.

They're all hamburgers in any case. I like to remind of that when we go off into the Whataburger/In-N-Out wankfests.
Based on the tenor of the comments here (nostalgia/memory lane), I'm getting the impression that Fuddruckers just doesn't inspire that level of passion.

Old 12-20-2014, 12:06 PM

8,895 posts, read 20,002,567 times
I've always liked Fuddruckers - there have been several locations in Houston as long as I can remember. I am seeing a few new ones but not anything excessive. I remember the Fuqua location, WIllobrook, Greenspoint, Nassau Bay and all are still there.

Old 12-20-2014, 12:08 PM

2,052 posts, read 5,873,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhang Fei View Post
Based on the tenor of the comments here (nostalgia/memory lane), I'm getting the impression that Fuddruckers just doesn't inspire that level of passion.
LOL! No it is not a place we usually plan to go a lot. Usually 3-4 times a year or so, when we are in the area. I agree with Bike4Life, their food selections are better since Luby's took over, and the options to customize the burgers yourself at the produce bar makes it a bit nicer than the regular chains. Burger quality is better than McD, BK, Wendys, JITB and even WB. Fresh made buns, cookies, shakes, fries, etc. add to the quality.
Plus they have exotic meat burgers too, (buffalo, elk, boar) and chicken sandwiches.

I just looked at their website, and some of their new burgers look really good! Now you got me wanting a burger. I might have to stop by there tomorrow.

Old 12-20-2014, 12:15 PM

3,842 posts, read 8,270,957 times
I like Fuddruckers a lot. Of course it's not fine dining, but I always enjoy it. The company I used to work for always had sending off parties there because the most people could agree on it.

Old 12-20-2014, 12:57 PM

7,542 posts, read 11,576,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westhou View Post
I went several years ago. Not memorable. Beck's Prime is a burger I remember being quite good. Also remember enjoying having burgers at Culver's. Now I go to Five Guys. Wish there was a Culver's near where I live. I'd go there often if there was.
Beck's is so so and way overpriced $12.50 for a burger and fires and the service is way to slow. There are 2 burger places close to the Meyerland Beck's prime that are both like 5x better Cues and Wild Kitchen you can get a good burger and fries for $6 to $7

Old 12-20-2014, 03:13 PM

2,919 posts, read 5,953,477 times
I don't know if it's the same Fuddrucker's, but I remember going there 25-30 years ago in Florida. I know they opened some in El Paso back 10-15 years back, & it was pretty good then. First place I think I ever had a bison burger. I know they had a pretty good condiment/veg selection of burger toppings. It was definitely a step ahead of the usual fast food burger.

I remember reading that Luby's had a connection with them now (via Papoas), & there's one over on 45/Webster. Now I need to go check it out!

Old 12-20-2014, 03:36 PM

12,950 posts, read 13,346,261 times
Fudd's buns are better than most. Overall they're a pretty good burger, but we don't go out of our way to eat there as the closest one is about 6 miles away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston