Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2018, 03:05 PM

6,202 posts, read 11,454,719 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicman View Post
That Kroger is at 6425 Fm 1464 Rd, Richmond, TX 77407. It should be in Fort Bend County as the county line is straight along the edge of George Bush Park. Therefore the Kroger is in Fort Bend ISD.
Ironically George Bush High School (F.B.I.S.D.) across the Westpark Tollway is also on the county line.

In Texas, just because you see it doesn't mean that you can go there. So most of the residents of the gated Crestwater subdivision cannot go to high school nearby because of the district boundary, even though the high school is on the horizon. Alief's 4 high schools are clustered together in two locations and are far away from Crestwater.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2018, 05:03 AM

4,875 posts, read 10,074,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KerrTown View Post
Ironically George Bush High School (F.B.I.S.D.) across the Westpark Tollway is also on the county line.

In Texas, just because you see it doesn't mean that you can go there. So most of the residents of the gated Crestwater subdivision cannot go to high school nearby because of the district boundary, even though the high school is on the horizon. Alief's 4 high schools are clustered together in two locations and are far away from Crestwater.
And Crestwood would have difficulty moving school districts because Alief ISD won't want to see them go, and FBISD wouldn't accept them.

I would imagine GBHS doesn't take transfers from out of district as FBISD has had overcrowded schools.

Old 05-07-2018, 02:04 PM

35 posts, read 25,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikeme View Post
I'm pretty sure the Randalls on W. Bellfort and Kirkwood is in Alief ISD. It is in Stafford, but it is the small sliver of it that is in Harris county. The county line is only a block or two south of it.
The Randalls on Bellfort and Kirkwood is technically in Houston, but shares a zip code with Stafford and Meadows Place. It is 100% in Harris County. The diagonal line FB county makes intersects nearby at Dairy Ashford and Bellfort where some kids in Huntington village go to FBISD and most Alief.

Also, that Randall's is now closed. The issue with that area is location, plain and simple. It is a pain in the ass to get anywhere from Bellfort west of 59

Old 07-30-2018, 11:29 PM

4,490 posts, read 4,984,317 times
Enjoyed this thread, sort of anyway.
Spent my teen years in alief and walking the halls of Elsik.
Class of 83. We were middle class living off of Kirkwood. We started off living off Corona Lane then Parents moved us up to a bigger home on Lamprey street.
Did a Birdseye Google search and was shocked beyond belief to see how that area has changed.
Occasionally I'll check fb for the Elsik Alumni. I don't have to read this thread to see how Elsik and Hastings has changed.
Simply have to look on their fb page.

Old 07-31-2018, 04:38 AM

80 posts, read 50,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
i wish somebody did an in depth analysis of what causes something like this to happen.
No in depth analysis is needed. You can just drive around and use your eyes. The cause is obvious.

Old 07-31-2018, 08:29 AM

2,189 posts, read 3,219,218 times
starter level homes, overabundance of apartments and townhomes and rental properties - simple as that

has happened over and over in Houston.

areas that don't change drastically don't have as much

Old 07-31-2018, 08:45 AM

511 posts, read 400,537 times
I was shocked to hear Gulfton was a desirable area back in the old days. I also watched a Youtube video showing the classroom of Alief Elsik HS back in 89'. Interestingly, the student body seemed to have just a right proportion of all races - mostly white, but lots of Hispanic, black, and Asian students. The school is majority Hispanic now.

Here is the link of the video: https://youtu.be/vne3LX8qfz4
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston