Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2015, 07:24 PM

4,875 posts, read 10,069,331 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by westres1 View Post
My pediatrician's kids went there. It has gotten alot better IMO
f I could guess why... it may have gotten better or so since maybe 2008, when Pilgrim Elementary moved into its new campus and was converted into a K-8. A lot of the rougher apartments AFAIK are still technically zoned to Grady but the kids living there are instead staying at Pilgrim.

Now I'd like to address DSL_PWR: A lot of times on the internet it's not "Let me google that for you" (even if the information isn't that hard to find) but "the person who makes the claim is the one who posts the evidence". Now sometimes it's common knoweldge that a school is not a safe place, but I know there was a change in the school's demographics due to the K-8ization of Pilgrim elementary.

So you speak of "The results that came back from searching that topic included reviews from this year, last year, fights, testing, food quality, playground equipment, teacher ratings, and even more. Ya that's a cheap shot. " - when did each of these take place? The reviews may have been from last year and this year, but what do those ones say? And as for the "fights", when did those take place?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2015, 08:43 PM

14 posts, read 20,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meyerland View Post
A friend of mine is zoned for Grady Middle School in HISD and asked my opinion. I don't know anyone who has children who attend or have attended that school. Looking at the testing data, it seems a pretty good choice. How are the academics and behavior of the students?
I'm a native Houstonian and Grady was my elementary school. Surrounded by high end real estate, both residential and commercial. I would be surprised if academics are less then superb.

Old 12-01-2015, 08:32 PM

14 posts, read 20,009 times
When I was a child, Grady was an elementary school. Great memories by the way. I believe the demographics have changed due to residential real estate values. Young couples with young children can no longer afford to live in the area. I suppose that's why it's become a middle school. You have communities like Tanglewood and Briarcroft very close as well as the Galleria. If I could afford to live in the area, that would be my choice for Houston, unless of course I could afford the River Oaks lifestyle. Remember, this is the near west side of Houston. In does not get any better than this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: