Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-05-2016, 03:16 PM

836 posts, read 1,119,079 times

Advertisements

What stores in Houston and Katy areas have you found that accept Apple Pay?

I bought the phone last summer because I wanted to use Apple Pay. I don't think there are that many places that accept it. I am disappointed by this. I thought it would be a safe way to shop. I wonder if the next iPhone to come out will have Apple Pay.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2016, 03:30 PM

61,647 posts, read 87,001,838 times
You can now checkout with Apple Pay at 2 million retail locations!

http://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/...partners-news/

This iPhone app shows you which stores near you accept Apple Pay:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pay-...045145678?mt=8

Old 02-05-2016, 06:36 PM

17 posts, read 26,276 times
I've used Apple Pay in Houston at Best Buy, Walgreens, Babies R Us, and the Apple Store.

Old 02-05-2016, 07:21 PM

103 posts, read 167,619 times
Walgreens and random soda machines is about it for me!

Old 02-06-2016, 02:42 PM

836 posts, read 1,119,079 times
I looked at the app and most of the stores listed I don't shop at. Seldom to I go to Subway, Panera Bread and McDonalds. I sure wish it was accepted at more places like HEB, Krogers, places I go to regularly.

The app shows my current location, but all of the businesses that accept Apply Pay are in Houston and it seems that not all locations of a particular business accepts Apple Pay according to this app. Like Taco Cabana - only one location which is not near where I live or work accepts Apply Pay. All of the businesses seem to be east of Gessner. I work in West Chase.

I'm disappointed that it is not widespread and wonder if several years from now it still won't be widespread.

Old 02-06-2016, 03:18 PM

14 posts, read 15,925 times
I always do at Subway.

Old 02-09-2016, 07:00 PM

61,647 posts, read 87,001,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyrallnamestaken View Post
I looked at the app and most of the stores listed I don't shop at. Seldom to I go to Subway, Panera Bread and McDonalds. I sure wish it was accepted at more places like HEB, Krogers, places I go to regularly.

The app shows my current location, but all of the businesses that accept Apply Pay are in Houston and it seems that not all locations of a particular business accepts Apple Pay according to this app. Like Taco Cabana - only one location which is not near where I live or work accepts Apply Pay. All of the businesses seem to be east of Gessner. I work in West Chase.

I'm disappointed that it is not widespread and wonder if several years from now it still won't be widespread.
Getting shoppers and retailers to use the service could be difficult, since it requires shoppers to have an iPhone 6 and retailers to support NFC terminals.
Mobile payment is super hot - except with consumers. While about half of mobile users are comfortable using their phones for banking, only 13% have used their devices to pay at a restaurant or store, the Federal Reserve found. Just a third feel mobile payments are safe.
http://time.com/money/3852295/mobile-payment-apple-pay/

Old 02-09-2016, 07:08 PM

1,650 posts, read 3,801,883 times
I used apple pay for the first time ever at Whole Foods today!
I was expecting balloons and confetti to fall from the sky but nothing happened.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston