Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-11-2016, 09:24 PM

7 posts, read 3,552 times

Advertisements

Received a lead Consumer Notice saying, the water sampled from my houst has lead level of 0.0021 mg/L from Severn Trent Services in katy.

Anybody received same?

What I can do to get lead level down to Zero? My house is only 7 to 8 year old.

Thanks a lot!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2016, 05:37 AM

5,976 posts, read 15,275,674 times
Default Reverse Osmosis

Quote:
Originally Posted by marscarl View Post
Received a lead Consumer Notice saying, the water sampled from my houst has lead level of 0.0021 mg/L from Severn Trent Services in katy.

Anybody received same?

What I can do to get lead level down to Zero? My house is only 7 to 8 year old.

Thanks a lot!
Although drinking the water is not going to kill you, it should probably be filtered. The cost of Reverse Osmosis units has come way down in recent years. If you already have one, and use it for cooking and drinking, then you are fine. If not, I would suggest getting one. They can be installed easily by anyone with little, or no plumbing skills.

If you do drink R/O water exclusively, and you have kids, you should supplement with bottled water that has fluoride.

The EPA suggest that drinking water should have ZERO lead, almost all water sources in, or around big cities will have some trace. Though no one should be ingesting lead, it mostly affects young children.

Old 10-12-2016, 09:08 AM

9,019 posts, read 14,295,494 times
Also, it doesn't hurt to read the rules for exposure. You have 2 micrograms/L. According to the EPA, the actionable level for drinking water is 15.

Lead (Pb) Toxicity: What Are the U.S. Standards for Lead Levels? | ATSDR - Environmental Medicine & Environmental Health Education - CSEM

While the goal is always zero, don't forget that lead is a naturally occurring element that is plentiful. If you are really concerned, go with the filtration route. In terms of actual safety, your exposure is low.

Old 10-12-2016, 06:22 PM

Deeply appreciate above two post, I feel much better.
I have Reverse Osmosis installed at home, I will then stick to use that.
I may do some additional test to see if problem was from faucet, as my home do not have steel pipe.

Old 10-12-2016, 06:28 PM

6,234 posts, read 8,447,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marscarl View Post
Deeply appreciate above two post, I feel much better.
I have Reverse Osmosis installed at home, I will then stick to use that.
I may do some additional test to see if problem was from faucet, as my home do not have steel pipe.
Wasn't the test done on the municipal water provider? If so it is NOT your plumbing.

Old 10-12-2016, 10:12 PM

It was a guy from severn trent took a bottle wayer from my home, said that was regular sample.

Today I asked one report about my MUD water qualty. I got one "latest" report shortly which shows MUD water in 2013 was 0 lead. No later report is available
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: