Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2017, 09:28 AM

6,292 posts, read 7,502,540 times

Advertisements

Renderings of the hotel-office-condo-retail hodgepodge in the works on the northern segment of the former city park and waste incinerator site at Allen Pkwy. and Gillette St. were released into the digital wild by DC Partners this week.

New Gleaming Mixed-Use Visions of a Former Fourth Ward Incinerator Brownfield | Swamplot

HOUSTON Developer DC Partners and partner Tianqing Real Estate Development have announced plans for a mixed-use development on Allen Parkway, just west of downtown Houston.
The proposed $500 million development will have a condominium tower, hotel, office and retail space.

https://realtynewsreport.com/2017/04...ntown-houston/

Renderings released Tuesday show a sleek development of glass and steel towers along a scenic 6-acre site on Allen Parkway.
DC Partners and Tianqing Real Estate Development are planning the $500 million-plus project whose first phase will include a luxury hotel and condominium tower, a retail pavilion and office building.
The HOK architecture firm is designing the project with "architecture never before seen in the Houston area," according to a statement. Transwestern Retail and Stream Realty Partners will handle retail and office leasing.

An early look at proposed upscale development overlooking Buffalo Bayou - Houston Chronicle
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2017, 10:10 AM

4,087 posts, read 3,244,032 times
Now that looks like a great plan. Highlighting a ----> ACTUAL PLAN. I hope more residents in downtown Houston will bring more vitality outside of the tunnels. So far I'm not so bullish? But can't get worst. The city needs to push ALL new buildings and redevelopment downtown. Need to add street-level attributes and more green if at all possible. A push for a more Tropical look too I'd hope for. After all, it is suppose to be a sub-tropical region?

Old 04-27-2017, 11:56 AM

5,976 posts, read 15,273,721 times
Default Meh...

I'm skeptical on this project. This is not new news BTW, it was reported on SWAMPLOT last year. Also, this is being funded by the Chinese. Nothing against them, but the reason they fund things like this is because they get US Green Cards by investing; so many people invest 500K in order to get the EB-5 Visa, which in turn amounts to a ticket for citizenship. Those who have been waiting years to get a VISA, Green Card for eventual US citizenship, well, cough up 500K that will also create 10 US jobs, and you are in!

Anyway, I will 'believe' it when I see the stakes in the ground.

Old 04-27-2017, 12:08 PM

10,097 posts, read 10,013,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HookTheBrotherUp View Post
I'm skeptical on this project. This is not new news BTW, it was reported on SWAMPLOT last year. Also, this is being funded by the Chinese. Nothing against them, but the reason they fund things like this is because they get US Green Cards by investing; so many people invest 500K in order to get the EB-5 Visa, which in turn amounts to a ticket for citizenship. Those who have been waiting years to get a VISA, Green Card for eventual US citizenship, well, cough up 500K that will also create 10 US jobs, and you are in!

Oh no, are you hinting they're dumping their useless currency into tangible assets in the US. I figured they avoided Texas cities and stuck to the West Coast and NYC?

Old 04-27-2017, 12:26 PM

2,189 posts, read 3,219,218 times
they had something planned like this on the Beltway and Bissonnet years back...had signs and everything planned

Behind the Curtain in the Land of Oz: The Collapse of Park 8 | Swamplot

http://www.credgroup.com/projects_us.html

Old 04-27-2017, 07:04 PM

6,292 posts, read 7,502,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HookTheBrotherUp View Post

This is prime real estate, it will not stay undeveloped for too much longer . The finished product may be a little shorter and less grandiose but something will fill that space in sooner or later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbcu View Post
they had something planned like this on the Beltway and Bissonnet years back...had signs and everything planned

Behind the Curtain in the Land of Oz: The Collapse of Park 8 | Swamplot

http://www.credgroup.com/projects_us.html
This is a much more upscale location and nobody involved is anywhere near bankruptcy.

Old 04-28-2017, 07:21 AM

5,819 posts, read 7,235,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Lance View Post
This is prime real estate, it will not stay undeveloped for too much longer . The finished product may be a little shorter and less grandiose but something will fill that space in sooner or later.
Exactly this. Very very prime real estate. It's only a matter of time before something is built. I'd rather it be a nice high-end project like this, than some dime-a-dozen apartment complex.

Old 04-28-2017, 08:52 AM

5,847 posts, read 6,188,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrohip View Post
Exactly this. Very very prime real estate. It's only a matter of time before something is built. I'd rather it be a nice high-end project like this, than some dime-a-dozen apartment complex.
Agree. An upscale hotel (which Houston seems to have a lack of given its size), well situated between River Oaks and downtown proper is a good addition, IMO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston