Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2008, 05:00 PM

200 posts, read 899,992 times

Advertisements

What is the busy commute time from Katy to Sugar Land? Trying to find a subdivision for about 165-200 that has trees and not going to short sales or foreclosures.

Are the new construction areas in shortsale or foreclosures right now as in other areas of the country.

Need average commute time and other ideas where to live. Must have mature trees.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2008, 10:01 PM

8,376 posts, read 30,697,976 times
*Sigh* ... take off a week from work, fly down here and check these things out in person.

Continental Airlines - Airline Tickets, Vacations Packages, Travel Deals, and Company Information on continental.com

Southwest Airlines

^ ^ The two biggest airlines in this area - maybe you can find a deal.

Old 04-23-2008, 10:23 PM

4,244 posts, read 8,759,365 times
BEVH you went from Austin to San Antonio to Dallas and now Houston lol, Are you sure you want to leave CA?

Old 04-24-2008, 10:13 AM

4,760 posts, read 13,825,153 times
BEVH, I noticed from another post that you landed a job in Sugar Land? There are nice areas of Sugar Land, really, and I wouldn't see Katy as so much better it would be worth the commute.

I don't know about the new construction for under $200K, though...

Old 04-24-2008, 10:25 AM

156 posts, read 511,345 times
Yes - I was wondering the same. At the same time, the commute from Katy to 59 and hwy6 in the morning is probably 30 -45 min in the morning? You would probably take 99 from Katy to 59, but then you would be in traffic to get to 6.

If you want mature trees, you need to look in established neighborhoods. You should be able to find something in your price range. Also - how many bedrooms/bath/sq ft are you looking for?

Old 04-24-2008, 10:32 AM

156 posts, read 511,345 times
Also, have you checked out Pecan Grove? It is in Richmond, TX, in between Katy and Sugar Land. It is a golfing community with houses in every price range, with a beautiful country club and yes (drum roll please) mature tress. Your commute to work in the morning would be 30 min? You can search for houses in your price range at Houston Real Estate - Houston Homes, Houston Home Value and Houston Relocation. Click on Single Family home and put in Pecan Grove as your subdivision.

Old 04-24-2008, 03:48 PM

200 posts, read 899,992 times
ok to answer where is Bev heading. Yes have been all over the state looking at areas. Had/have job offers in all those locations but I think because Houston is so near the water and makes me think of CA that I probably need to do that. At least I did not buy and then regret it HA. I hate the traffic there but frankly traffic is traffic in any major city so I give up on that.

I want seriously to have a home with lots of trees, in a planned community that might be within 1 hour commute of the 59 and 6. I wish I could be in Kingwood because I love it there but everyone says I am crazy to do a 2 hour commute. If I knew it was only 1 1/2 hours then I would jump all over Kingwood. But with gas prices inching up it is going to be costly wherever.

So I will look in Pecan Grove, and any other area you guy can suggest that I can buy 2 houses one for the kid and one for us. We want to be able to not drive all over to see each other. His range 150-185 and me 185-225 I guess.

Also, Is there any builders out there that have nice 2500 sq ft patio homes with decent yards. I prefer quality over large houses.

Old 04-24-2008, 04:46 PM

497 posts, read 1,485,467 times
Pecan Grove is a good choice. You can search specifically for Pecan Grove on Houston Real Estate - Houston Homes, Houston Home Value and Houston Relocation. Really nice neighborhood, strong HOAand lots of house for the money. I almost bought there. Lots of mature trees.

Avoid the commute - have a life instead. I am a big tree / nice neighborhood fan myself and really like Kingwood and the Woodlands but bought closer in.

Old 04-24-2008, 05:58 PM

4,760 posts, read 13,825,153 times
We moved from the forested Pacific Northwest and we are still perfectly happy here. There's a lot to like about the Houston metro area...

Old 04-24-2008, 06:39 PM

759 posts, read 3,184,176 times
Have you looked into greatwood? Lots of trees & well planned out. They are the same developer that is building Telfair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEVH View Post
ok to answer where is Bev heading. Yes have been all over the state looking at areas. Had/have job offers in all those locations but I think because Houston is so near the water and makes me think of CA that I probably need to do that. At least I did not buy and then regret it HA. I hate the traffic there but frankly traffic is traffic in any major city so I give up on that.

I want seriously to have a home with lots of trees, in a planned community that might be within 1 hour commute of the 59 and 6. I wish I could be in Kingwood because I love it there but everyone says I am crazy to do a 2 hour commute. If I knew it was only 1 1/2 hours then I would jump all over Kingwood. But with gas prices inching up it is going to be costly wherever.

So I will look in Pecan Grove, and any other area you guy can suggest that I can buy 2 houses one for the kid and one for us. We want to be able to not drive all over to see each other. His range 150-185 and me 185-225 I guess.

Also, Is there any builders out there that have nice 2500 sq ft patio homes with decent yards. I prefer quality over large houses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston