Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2020, 11:23 AM

5 posts, read 7,518 times

Advertisements

Hi Guys,

So we're considering buying a new home and wanted to know the pros and cons of Talavera and Lakes of Bella Terra West communities in Richmond.

Aliana is not in our budget and we're leaning towards new construction so have shortlisted the above communities. (Our price point is upto 340K)

From my cursory research it sounds like Talavera is an upcoming area and Lakes of Bella Terra West is more expensive comparatively.

Any opinions on the two communities as far as safety, home appreciation are welcome.

What is your experience living in Talavera?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2020, 02:17 PM

1,179 posts, read 1,914,072 times
I will preface this by saying we lived in Lakes of Bella Terra (original, not west) from 2013 - 2015. I have watched the development of Talavera and LoBT West with mild interest.

The land Talavera sits on was originally owned by the same real estate investment firm (Dairwood LP) linked to the land that became original Lakes of Bella Terra. For whatever reason, Dairwood decided to sell the land to the developer of Talavera, rather than keeping it with Ryko (the developer of LoBT). This is why you see the stonework of "Lakes of Bella Terra" on the corner of FM 723 and Bellaire Blvd, yet the immediate homes here are Talavera.

Talavera is less of a master planned community and more of a one-off pocket neighborhood, and the prices reflect this. The amenities are fewer, the neighborhood has less of a "developer-driven" feel and more of a "home-builder-driven" feel, and overall you are getting a lower quality "experience" in Talavera versus LoBT and LoBT west.

With that said, both neighborhoods are zoned to the same schools in LCISD and likely always will be (although never say never.) Personally, I'm not 100% sold on Lakes of Bella Terra (original or West) from a value proposition compared to the likes of Cross Creek Ranch and SW Cinco Ranch, but for the price points between the two neighborhoods in question, I would lean toward Bella Terra.

Old 06-08-2020, 06:00 PM

Thank you so much for your input!

Old 06-08-2020, 06:17 PM

And any thoughts on safety in Talavera? It's not completely developed yet so its hard to take a look from just driving around the area.

Old 06-08-2020, 07:56 PM

4,244 posts, read 8,756,463 times
It's really no differences between the two neighborhoods (same schools). You'll get more house for your money at Talavera and safety will be the same since the communities are connected to each other. You'll have more of a selection of builders to choose from with LoBT, but the amenities aren't anything special. Pretty much a toss up at your price range, but over 400k I would go with LoBT.

Old 06-09-2020, 10:16 AM

305 posts, read 265,086 times
For up to $340k, I wouldn't buy in either neighborhood. I'd probably drive a few more miles west and be in Cross Creek Ranch. Sure I might have to give up some square footage, but I'd personally be willing to do that. There's definitely new construction in that price range out there. Drive through Bella Terra and Talavera, then go drive through Cross Creek....there's a huge difference in how the neighborhoods look driving though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston