Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-04-2024, 10:29 AM

3 posts, read 2,064 times

Advertisements

Seriously looking at retiring to the Bentwater community but am trying to better understand some of the community guidelines/requirements and fees.

I have read through the HOA docs I could find online to try to figure it all out but was hoping someone living there could also provide more direct insight.

It looks like the social membership to the country club is required, which is all good, as I would be looking to upgrade to the Sports Membership anyway, is that correct? Do those fees increase every year?

What exactly is the maintenance fee for? It seems like there is a $96 a month HOA fee in addition to the maintenance fee? Wondering what the additional fees are for and again, do these fees increase every year a lot?

Are residents allowed to park their vehicles in the driveway? I couldn't figure that out. I use my garage for my vehicles, but may have more than two vehicles.

Anything else I should know or consider would be very helpful and much appreciated before I make this big decision.

TIA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2024, 08:45 PM

1,162 posts, read 1,884,157 times
Where is Bentwater? Haven't heard of it.

Usually, things are laid out in the HOA documents.

Old 02-05-2024, 01:38 AM

3 posts, read 2,064 times
Bentwater is in Montgomery.

Fees are not laid out in the HOA docs, nor the average increases over time and the parking I asked about wasn't clear to me.

Thank you for the response though!

Old 02-05-2024, 06:33 AM

15,407 posts, read 7,468,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bamboo72 View Post
Bentwater is in Montgomery.

Fees are not laid out in the HOA docs, nor the average increases over time and the parking I asked about wasn't clear to me.

Thank you for the response though!
Section 3.20 of the document I looked at says there is a 10 hour limit on parking on the driveway, but that does not apply to cars and pickups that have valid plates and are used daily.

Section 6.06 covers the purpose of the maintenance charge, which is essentially for maintaining the common areas and paying for street lights.

Country club fees https://www.bentwater.com/Files/Libr...eeSchedule.PDF

Fees for 2022-2023 https://photos.harstatic.com/2083838...3T09:08:04.467

I hope that helps

Old 02-11-2024, 07:52 PM

8,895 posts, read 19,993,079 times
I’m pretty sure you are required to at least have a social membership at the country club.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston