Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2023, 03:38 PM

165 posts, read 118,711 times

Advertisements

Going to Houston for a couple of days and staying at the Courtyard by Marriott Houston Northeast, 120 N Redemption Square Rd, Houston, TX 77044.

One of the main reasons I picked this hotel was because it's fairly new. I had looked at reviews before, but for some reason had not seen the Google ones.

There are 12 of them that mention break-ins in the parking lot / not feeling safe so I'm having second thoughts.

We are going beasue of a possible relocation (and will be working at IAH), and are looking at Spring, Kingwood, Humble, and Atascocita.

I had also considered the Marriott on North Park Drive in Kingwood but it's not as new and thought the Kingwood Drive might have a lot of traffic.

We are there for just 2 days so we need to get around easily and not get caught up in traffic.

Thoughts / knowledge on whether this parking lot / area may have high rates of car break-ins?

Thanks for any help you might have for me!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2023, 10:41 PM

1,659 posts, read 1,245,376 times
Thieves go for a sure thing.

Keep your rental car 100% clean when you leave it, and you shouldn't have a problem.

Old 09-04-2023, 01:24 PM

165 posts, read 118,711 times
Thanks detachable arm.

When we got to the hotel the clerk confirmed that the parking lot break ins are an issue, and that they're trying to do something about it. Which I am thinking having a security guard there for the nighttime is what they need to do. We ended up staying somewhere else - I just didn't want to stress leaving the car out there all night. I hope they take care of it, it seemed like a nice hotel.

Old 09-04-2023, 02:15 PM

5,623 posts, read 4,955,060 times
Frankly, your car is at risk at any parking lot of any hotel anywhere in the greater Houston area, and in most of TX. Car burglary is totally endemic to our state, and there seems to be very little law enforcement can do except to recommend that people don't tempt the thieves by leaving anything worth taking in a visible location.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston