Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2009, 12:18 PM

11 posts, read 29,675 times

Advertisements

I'm moving to the Houston Area from Seattle soon and work in health care although my job is more administrative not clinical. I need to find a good place to live in or around the city of Houston. I'm thinking about the medical center area as a primary place of employment. I prefer a single family home but will sacrafice a condo if necessary. I am not a downtown living person but appreciate nice views of city skylines, golf courses and sunsets. I know there are no snow capped mountains in the Houston area. Any recommendations?

Last edited by cafeaulait1; 02-16-2009 at 12:20 PM.. Reason: misspelled word
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2009, 12:57 PM

5 posts, read 25,349 times
Hello, I am real estate professional in Houston and I hope the following information will help. As you have suggested there aren't mountains in Houston, but we have golf courses and some very nice Texas sunsets. If you are going to be working in the medical center area the nice areas to live are Rice Village, West U and Breas Heights areas. If these areas are a bit pricey, condo living is still an option as well as a few high rises . The Medical center/Rice village area offers nice shopping, dining options and nice parks if you want to be closer to the Houston urban living. Most medical center employees prefer living in Pearland though which is not too far from the Medical Center. You can easily find a nice and newer home on a lake lot(not a real one of course!) and/or in a golf community. I am knowledgable in both areas, so please feel free to contact me..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: