Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2009, 09:33 PM

15,216 posts, read 30,563,119 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
I spent some time in the Arizona/California desert a couple of years ago and the heat was WAY more intense in those places than it ever gets here. If that's what people call "dry heat" then I'll have none of it.
That's like getting into a convection oven. What we have is like getting into a sauna.

People pay to go into saunas, but nobody ever voluntarily steps into an oven.

Point, Houston.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2009, 12:55 PM

17 posts, read 48,709 times
Lived in Houston (Katy) for 18 yrs. I love it. Great place to raise a family. Relative to much of the country, good job market and a good income to expense ratio. Yep..Summer can be brutal. Growing up in the NE, I prefer sweating 3 months to freezing 6 months. The beaches (galveston) are really just so, so but I have had so much fun there. The Strand (in Galveston) is like a mini bourbon st. If you are looking for New England fall foliage, the Scenery of the Rockies, or the beaches of Hawaii, it's probably not for you. If you want decent affordable housing and good paying jobs with tons of amenities at every turn and friendly people, Houston is a good choice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston