Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2012, 12:11 PM

1 posts, read 1,930 times

Advertisements

There are seats in the pit at the CWP....they are great seats and you can interact with the band!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2012, 05:33 PM

168 posts, read 470,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catfancier View Post
Hi -

Looking at a first visit to the Pavilion for a concert this summer...likely will get a "four pack" of lawn tickets.

Assuming it's a nice evening (weather wise) -- is the lawn just as decent as paying $$$ for the seats in the tent? How is the sound out on the lawn? Any "strategies" for where to throw a blanket (or rent a lawn chair, I've heard?) How much time do you need to allow for parking/walking over there, etc.

Advisable to pack a bite and skip the concessions or are they not a huge and $$ hassle?

And of course...are there ample/decent portable johns in the lawn area??

Thanks!

As long as the weather is nice then it is a great experience. The sound is not all that great since you are in an open space. Also, I advise that you pack your food and drinks since they charge a lot. Beers and wine are about $5

Old 05-14-2012, 06:39 PM

1,574 posts, read 2,966,582 times
I don't mind the walk or the heat for a good show. The sound is even ok to be outside. However, with the big frisk down and everything at the door I will never go back.

Old 05-14-2012, 07:02 PM

538 posts, read 1,362,321 times
Okay, I'll be one of the few...

I love to sit on the lawn. If you think it's going to be wet, stop at Walmart and buy a cheap shower curtain liner to place under your blanket. They cost what, $3? Chunk it in the trashcan when it's over.

I think the sound is great on the hill. The only thing I don't like, is once the first note plays, everyone and their granny stands, and you're standing the entire time, which isn't easy on the ankles, on an incline.

I've been there during a sudden electrical storm (Jewel - scary) and there were blankets left e-v-e-r-y-w-h-e-r-e after the show, and I've been there during great weather (I've never smelled so much pot in my life) for Yanni and I've been there when it was a few degrees cooler than Hell (Dave Matthews Band last summer) and I love it.

As a matter of fact, DMB this Friday. 82 high, 65 low. Bliss.

Old 02-28-2015, 05:18 PM

1 posts, read 1,146 times
Not sure what all the Whining is all about. In St Louis we love the outdoor concerts. Rain / woods and all. Went to Chicago / REO had a blast. Going to ZZ and Elton also. Do not let the negatives discourage you!!! This place is neat!! Water Woods and all!!

Old 02-28-2015, 07:53 PM

26,191 posts, read 21,591,383 times
We stopped buying seats and instead pack chairs, cooler and grab grimaldi's and seat on the water and have a better time listening to music

Old 03-01-2015, 08:46 AM

8,895 posts, read 20,002,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen D. Lee View Post
Not sure what all the Whining is all about. In St Louis we love the outdoor concerts. Rain / woods and all. Went to Chicago / REO had a blast. Going to ZZ and Elton also. Do not let the negatives discourage you!!! This place is neat!! Water Woods and all!!
Well as the op posted this six years ago, he or she has already made their decision. I can't stand the pavilion but that's me. I skip concerts there and am happy when their season passes and events are back at toyota center.

Old 03-01-2015, 09:34 AM

465 posts, read 613,938 times
I've seen many concerts in the Pavillion. Sound is fine. Depending on who you are seeing will depend on what you spend for seats. If its someone you want to be close to then go for covered seats. If its a band that you just want to sit back and enjoy the music then the lawn. I had a lot of fun on the lawn. Socializing with my friends having some beer or wine and just enjoying the music.Now if its one of my favorite singers then I want to be as close as I can get. You will walk but I believe you can pay extra for closer parking when you get your tickets (??) If you get there early enough then you can grab closer parking go out to eat at the many bars and restaurants to kill time. (You will walk of course.) This way when the concert is over you have a short walk to the car afterwards so you can get the heck out of there.

Old 03-01-2015, 05:14 PM

23,988 posts, read 15,086,618 times
My friend goes to the park across the way. They can't see, but can hear everything as well as if they were inside. They go early, take a picnic and enjoy.

We have had reserve seats for a couple concerts. Lyle Lovette was great. But it was sparsely attended.

Old 03-02-2015, 10:51 AM

443 posts, read 1,793,319 times
I had the runs there once and the bathrooms were is much better shape than I expected. I didn't find the sound that spectacular but then again I didn't really for the band. If you're going to sit in the lawn area, remember not to bring your own weed because everyone else will be smoking it there and you should get a quality secondary high from it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston