Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2007, 07:47 PM

19 posts, read 144,166 times

Advertisements

Hey, i heard some great things about this community, does anyone have any information about it? we are thinking of moving to Pearland and like the idea of a gate.. thanks,
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2007, 12:14 PM

19 posts, read 144,166 times
Default They are great!

Not sure if this is from one of my responses that I just posted BUT if we had planned to go to Pearland this is exactly the development we would choose!

its awesome

when you go down 288 instead of turning RIGHT into shadow creek ranch, you actually turn LEFT on mchard and go under the free, it dead ends to a gated/gaurded community called Lakes at Country Place.

They have a big club house, year round swimming, playground, tennis courts and a new basketball court is being built.

I was astounded by how awesome and decked out these houses are for the low price.

You can find these wonderfully , fully loaded homes with slate floors, maple cabinets, 3 gar garages, one storys, all brick, hard woods, and not just your everyday golf course views: but expansive and lush views of the back 9

all for under $260 or so!

AND no city taxes! Search for Lakes at Country Place in the www.har.com website and check for yourself.

My realtor BIL lives there and we have visited alot, while gates dont offer much security- a 24 hour guard who is armed DOES. Everyone feels very safe at the Lakes. You go up to the guard gate and they call you and ask if you want them in or not.

We loved it! but needed to go west to relocate. I think its the best home for the value in pearland period!

Hope that helps a little

Old 04-24-2007, 11:44 AM

16 posts, read 134,717 times
Default I may have to reconsider Pearland

What is the population that lives in this community like? Young professionals with families? Seems very nice, but how can these homes with golf course views be so cheap. Are there many similar things going up around this community? What is the HOA? Will these homes face the same problems in terms of appreciation and resale in four years? Thanks for taking time out to answer my questions.

Old 04-25-2007, 03:23 PM

41 posts, read 100,986 times
I've been living in The Lakes at Country Place for almost a year and a half, and I really love it! Most of the people who live there are young professionals, with and without kids. Many of my neighbors are just starting their families. Having the guard there keeps out a lot of the traffic that you get in other neighborhoods; no one can just drive by - they have to be invited in. And there are many culdesacs, so I don't have to worry about my kids playing in the street since there's no thru-traffic on our block.

There aren't any other neighborhoods like this one nearby. All the other neighborhoods are just rows and rows of houses. LACP has really pretty landscaping throughout, so it's nice to go on walks. And for the most part, everyone keeps their own landscaping looking really nice.

The HOA dues are pretty high at $1373 per year, but considering there's a 24-hour guard on duty, a pool, a clubhouse which can be rented for pretty cheap, a fitness center, tennis courts, and a playground, I think it's worth it. Usually you only get those kinds of amenities if you live in a nice apartment complex.

The area around LACP is exploding right now. There are several new hospitals coming up soon, as well as a new mall and a huge shopping center that's going to be the home to a collection of 20' high busts of all the presidents (including the next one), right across the freeway. Because of the uniqueness of this neighborhood, I'm hoping that property values are going to shoot up over the next few years, as all the hospitals and medical office buildings fill up with doctors who will want to live nearby. (But that's just my opinion, and I'm just speculating.)

Old 04-28-2007, 12:30 PM

16 posts, read 134,717 times
Thanks for the reply. How big is the community? What is the tax rate? A little over $100/mo for the gaurd gate alone seems like a good deal. What are utility fees like in the area and what schools are nearby (private as well as public). Thanks again.

Old 04-28-2007, 01:27 PM

627 posts, read 1,622,858 times
What about the nearby garbage pile everyone is talking about? What about the expansion of this that can create smell for the community?

Does anyone know anything about Southdown? Is it any good? Since it's so near dowtown, are there any communities near Southdown that's good neighborhood?

Old 05-02-2007, 03:56 PM

41 posts, read 100,986 times
I'm not sure what the answers are to all of your questions about the size, etc. There's a MUD tax (District 4) of 0.658%. I think the total tax I paid last year for my one-story house was somewhere around $5K.

The schools for 2006-2007 are Challenger Elementary, Rogers Middle School, Pearland Junior High East, and Glenda Dawson High School. I don't know of any private schools nearby, except for some day care centers that offer private kinder and first grades.

As far as utilities, if you move here, I'd strongly suggest buying a house that was built AFTER 2001. The residential building code changed that year, requiring double-pane windows instead of single-pane. My house was built in 2003, so I've got double-pane windows, and my electric bills are really low ($115 this month). Water bill is usually around $25/month (not City of Pearland water yet). Trash is by Waste Management (for now), but it's not a separate bill (must be with water or HOA dues?).

The landfill you're referring to is on the other side of Hwy. 288 and farther south, next to Shadow Creek Ranch. It's not a concern in LACP - you wouldn't even know it's there.

Old 05-02-2007, 07:43 PM

627 posts, read 1,622,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeresaDM View Post
The landfill you're referring to is on the other side of Hwy. 288 and farther south, next to Shadow Creek Ranch. It's not a concern in LACP - you wouldn't even know it's there.
Yeah right! According to some article, any place within 5 miles or so radius will be effected.

Old 06-03-2007, 10:50 AM

16 posts, read 59,791 times
We live in Southdown. LOVE IT! Very family oriented. WE live in the newer part with no back neighbors. THere is a creek and then the older part of Country Place.

You WILL NOT BE AFFECTED by the landfill at all b/c we are on the other side of 288. I feel bad for people in Shadow Creek Ranch, paying lots and lots of cash for their nice homes and then maybe smelling the landfill next door.

I completely LOVE my neighborhood, lots of stay at home moms, great young families. I love our floor plan too by Lennar homes. 4/3.5/2. I still haven't found a home I liked that is airy and has 2 full baths upstairs.

I have friends who live in Lakes at Country Place. We have the same builders, same floorplan and I paid 50K less. I laugh all the time about that. But very nice neighborhood indeed. I would live there now, but I have a large family and I am sure the gaurd at the gate would be sick and tired of seeing them almost everyday.

Hope that helps.

Old 06-05-2007, 03:36 PM

1 posts, read 10,761 times
I thought I heard they were going to extend McHard Road all the way down so it passed right by this community?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: