Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2008, 01:21 PM

2 posts, read 7,476 times

Advertisements

I was looking in to buying a house in Willow Springs by KB homes
I was looking to seen if anybody lives in that community and how
Kb homes has worked out for them?
thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2009, 03:55 PM

1 posts, read 4,069 times
Default Don't buy a kb home / don't move to willow springs

I built my home and have lived in Willow Springs for about 2 years, word of caution: the crime is high and the quality of the home is crap. They allow people to build homes EXACTLY LIKE YOURS just a couple of doors away, there are multiple homes with the same color scheme as mine and there are two that are exactly like mine on my street.

There are some very ghetto renters (Madison Oak is the worst street - there are many more that should be in jail instead of a house, trust me) whose teen aged kids don't go to school, but spend their days breaking into houses, stealing cars at night and vandalizing everything they can spray paint on. There are 3 REGISTERED SEX OFFENDERS IN THE SUBDIVISION AND SOMEONE IS STALKING LITTLE GIRLS WAITING FOR THEIR SCHOOL BUSES IN THE MORNING! DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND STAY AWAY FROM THIS TRAP - YOU WILL NOT BE HAPPY AND YOUR PROPERTY VALUE WILL STEADILLY DROP! When I built, there were no houses available for less than 85K and that was for the cheap ones - they went up to 170K - now, you can build for 60K and they top out somewhere around 130K. THIS PLACE IS HEYL, STAY AWAY, I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE MARKET TO RECOVER SO I CAN GET THE HEYL OUT! THE SALESMEN ARE LIARS, DON'T BELIEVE ALL OF THE WONDERFUL THINGS THEY TELL YOU. That little pool is overcrowded every single day and there are no plans to build another one - for at least 10 years!

If you buy here, do so at your own risk, I hope you listen. If you don't, oh well, you will find out that I have told you the entire truth.

STAY AWAY FROM KB HOMES, NO MATTER WHERE THEY ARE

My doors started falling off the hinges within 6 months, I have huge gaps around the doors now, the floors squeek badly, the foundation has cracks in it already, the slab my AC unit is on lost a huge chunk of concrete...oh, I could go on and on about this place...did I mention the mice that ate through my stairs and carpet the same month I closed? That 1 year warranty deal? Yeah, it's a sham, they didn't fix anything that was wrong with my house. Oh, they did give me a new "Charlie Brown" oak tree after the first one died (yes, I did water it).

Move to the country, get a better deal and be away from the thugs in this place.

Old 06-19-2009, 11:59 PM

95 posts, read 438,556 times
after IKE, i fixed up more KB homes than any other. Just my 2 cents

Old 11-14-2009, 08:08 AM

1 posts, read 3,781 times
They talk a good game, but search the web for KB Homes complaints. STAY AWAY. If you change your mind, you will NOT receive your earnest money back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston