Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2011, 03:18 PM

3 posts, read 7,440 times

Advertisements

Hi --

We are considering building a home in the new Retreat portion of WoodCreek Reserve in Katy with Ashton Woods builders. Does anyone live in this section or in WCR that can give us some insight? Any experience with Ashton Woods?

Are you happy with the neighborhood? Did you build or buy inventory? What do you think of the value of the home and neighborhood as a whole? I'm definitely comfortable with the schools and the school district. One thing we love about the neighborhood is how close it is to I-10. That was important to us.

We are first-time homebuyers so a bit nervous...and want to make sure building is a good idea. I have always heard that building is more expensive but with the down economy they seem to be offering incentives and I love the floorplans.

Firethorne is a consideration. The Cinco Ranch/Seven Lakes area is nice, but too far from I-10 for our tastes I think.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2011, 10:48 PM

1 posts, read 1,684 times
We live in the Retreat section of WC in a Chesmar home and we've been here for about a year. We really love the neighborhood and the quick access to I-10. We have two kids at the elementary school and it is fabulous. Even more fabulous, we can walk to school. I don't know much about Ashton Woods, but I've heard that they are quality builders. I can tell you that they keep their job sites clean since we have a house going up right beside us. Their homes look pretty appealing and they seem to have several different available plans. Anytime I've visited the sales office (as a nosy neighbor wondering about homes being built nearby) the sales staff has been friendly and helpful.

So far the neighborhood is a mix--there are plenty of kids but also older couples in or nearing retirement. We have several friends who live in Firethorne and like it too. Driving down 1463 can be difficult at "rush hours" though. WC is in a great location for quick freeway access, which is one of the main reasons we chose it. Good luck with your home search!

Old 04-07-2011, 08:51 AM

2 posts, read 3,164 times
We just moved into our new home in the Retreat and love it! It is a Chesmar model home and all we hoped for. Lucky for us, it had every upgrade we wanted and all the colors we would have chosen and it was move in ready! The AW homes are popping up all around and are really pretty, too but we liked the openness along with the quality and detail of the Chesmar homes. I think that both builders will allow for the home values to continue to increase as the quality compliments each other. The whole area is so peaceful and quiet and a nice place to raise a family. We are empty nesters, but have our 8 grandchildren over on the weekends and they love it here. The easy access to I-10 was a must for us, too. It is a great family atmosphere here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston