Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2010, 06:35 PM

497 posts, read 1,485,086 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overcooked_Oatmeal View Post
Like I said earlier, when blacks in Texas are acting as if they don't know their "place," they're punished to be shown as an example. Whether that is through Police shootings or being dragged along the ground by a truck. People better wake the hell up.
Pathetic. Honestly - I actually feel sorry for you dude.

Old 05-12-2010, 06:36 PM

497 posts, read 1,485,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overcooked_Oatmeal View Post
It's obviously open season on black men in Texas. Let the race war begin. People better wake the hell up. And people wonder why I say the things that I do

Typical, but not surprising that all of the people who go around whining about the government taking their rights, says NOTHING about a person who was shot at his house, while driving his car. People are so stupid, they don't even realize what real rights are being taken away.
"Let the race war begin."

Ok, now I don't feel sorry for you. Anyone advocating race wars is just scum.

Old 05-12-2010, 06:42 PM

419 posts, read 1,921,063 times
Quote:
Originally posted by Houston3

Maybe just maybe if his mother would have kept her mouth shut this would have never happened...
Agreed..!!!

Old 05-12-2010, 07:23 PM

965 posts, read 1,884,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by studiobtm View Post
"Let the race war begin."

Ok, now I don't feel sorry for you. Anyone advocating race wars is just scum.
If you could read worth a crap, you'd see I'm NOT advocating a race war. I'm just warning that this is a beginning of things to come and people, particularly black people better watch out.

If you want to continue to bury your head in the sand and live in denial, be my guest.

BTW, I don't need you or anyone else feeling sorry for me. I'm a grown ass woman who can take care of myself.

Old 05-12-2010, 07:52 PM

102 posts, read 185,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
Why should any of us have to bend over to them? They are no better then you or I. They put their pants on the same way and bleed the same color. I will be damned if I ever bow or salute another man unless back in the military. There are the weak and there are the strong. There are leaders and there are followers. Guess what kind of person one is when they bow to another who is inferior and a lessor of a man.

Tell me something. You go into a drug bust. Every one is arrested. There is a brown paper bag full of money sitting on the table. No one knows of it's existence but you and your buddies with badges. Who's going to squeal on you......the drug dealer in handcuffs? Not likely. So guess who gets to take the money home. Would you? I guess I would too. Am I jealous? Yes.

I didn't say that you should have to bow to anyone. I said that you should show respect for people who are, for the most part, generally honest, hardworking people with a difficult job. Perhaps if everyone would treat everyone with a little more respect (cops included, both giving and recieving respect), situations like this wouldn't happen very often.

I have been stopped before, removed from the car, placed on the ground, and I knew enough to keep my a$$ there until they told me I could get up. Those procedures are there to try to keep situations from getting out of hand, and keep everyone (including those on the ground) from getting hurt. The officer kept me on the ground until he determined that the situation was under control, and then he allowed me to get up and go about my business. I have no doubt that had I acted aggressively, I would have been met with aggressive behavior in return. And while their job is to try to maintain our safety as best they can, their first priority (as it should be) is to survive the shift. And if you think it's not a dangerous job, I personally am acquainted with a couple of widows that would beg to differ.

Old 05-12-2010, 08:09 PM

3,084 posts, read 5,235,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
Here' what I remember from the news reports..and we don't know about that for sure..

Officer thinks car is stolen. Officer pulls car over in driveway... Puts driver on ground as he should have done.. Calls for a sarg. to come and check things out...

MOTHER starts to interfere with investigation
This is where you are wrong. The mother (and father) persistently implored the cop to abort the arrest as it was their home and their vehicle. It was the officer who turned a deaf ear to their pleas, and instead of taking a step back to assess the situation (as officers are trained to do), he decides to play Billy Badass and manhandles her. These are not the actions of a cop who is in control of the situation. I have not an inkling of respect for him.

Old 05-12-2010, 08:15 PM

20,514 posts, read 33,513,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSykes View Post
This is where you are wrong. The mother (and father) persistently implored the cop to abort the arrest as it was their home and their vehicle. It was the officer who turned a deaf ear to their pleas, and instead of taking a step back to assess the situation (as officers are trained to do), he decides to play Billy Badass and manhandles her. These are not the actions of a cop who is in control of the situation. I have not an inkling of respect for him.
agreed

Old 05-12-2010, 08:19 PM

3,084 posts, read 5,235,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVD26 View Post
Why did the cop not ask for ID in the first place?
This would have cleared everything up.
But I'm sure he didn't think to even do that.
Just like the Harvard professor that was arrested last year for breaking into his own home, the cop wanted to play Billy bad-ass cop rather than just doing his job correctly.
How can you defend a cop that shoots an unarmed man in front of his own home?
Tolan still has a bullet lodged in his body from the shooting.
His baseball career is over thanks to this officer.
This guy is not a crook, has no criminal record, and comes from well-to-do parents.
Yet, he's gunned down in the streets like he's just another common hoodlum.
I can't imagine you and everyone else would have the same reaction if this had been a star white football player at Katy High that was shot by a police officer in his own driveway b/c the cop "made an honest mistake".
I regret that I couldn't rep you again.

Old 05-12-2010, 08:21 PM

965 posts, read 1,884,510 times
Quote:
Good point. It's amazing how some people let things like facts get in the way of their argument in order to blame the victim.

Old 05-12-2010, 08:28 PM

3,106 posts, read 9,121,577 times
Quote:
Tried to rep you for this.

In addition, I know plenty of men (& women) who would go berserk if they saw their MOTHER being shoved by a LEO or anyone for that matter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: