Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-21-2011, 08:58 PM

300 posts, read 607,024 times

Advertisements

Okay, all you military people...we're looking to switch to Tricare Prime next year and we need to find a good family practice doctor anyway. Can anyone recommend a good, understanding family practitioner who takes Tricare Prime?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2011, 09:19 PM

46,313 posts, read 27,117,053 times
Whats your location...where is close for you...

Check for a link on here that talks about best Dr...

I'll see if I can find it..

In need of a doctor that will listen........

Above is the thread...you may have to call and ask about tri care prime...

Old 10-22-2011, 06:18 AM

We'd be in Lake Forest, but since it's easy to get around the town, we'd be willing to drive. I'll take a look at that thread. Is Crestwood Medical Center any good?

Old 10-22-2011, 07:11 AM

I went for a Dr away from from any hospital. I went with this Dr.

Welcome to Raynon A. Andrews, M.D.

My initial visit is the 31st, but I'm gonna try and get in earlier...I had to cut a trip short and was not going be here this coming week so hopefully they can get me in this week..

Old 11-01-2011, 08:40 AM

24 posts, read 46,064 times
Why don't you just go on base? When we were in the military we only used on base doctors. They really seemed to be a lot better then civilian docs.

Old 11-01-2011, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firsttime homebuyer View Post
Why don't you just go on base? When we were in the military we only used on base doctors. They really seemed to be a lot better then civilian docs.

It took me 2 weeks to get an appointment, last time on base to see my PCM. Finally I just took the first avialable dr....still took 2 more days....and then she noticed my blood pressure was hi, but could do nothing because she was not my PCM.

Old 11-01-2011, 12:39 PM

strange.....that is not how it worked on the base we were at. My husband couldn't get in to see his PCM so he saw someone else and it worked out just fine. Then again we were at the Naval Hospital in Maryland, my husband was Marine Corps and that was our closest base hospital. They have given me much better service then the civilians around here.

Also civilian docs are hard to get into too. I was trying to find a pediatrician for my son and NO ONE was taking new patients. nice huh?!

Old 11-01-2011, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firsttime homebuyer View Post
strange.....that is not how it worked on the base we were at. My husband couldn't get in to see his PCM so he saw someone else and it worked out just fine. Then again we were at the Naval Hospital in Maryland, my husband was Marine Corps and that was our closest base hospital. They have given me much better service then the civilians around here.

Also civilian docs are hard to get into too. I was trying to find a pediatrician for my son and NO ONE was taking new patients. nice huh?!
Are you active duty, or retired?

I was answering the OP like they are retired. If active duty you cannot switch from Tri-Care regular to Tri-care Prime....because if you are active you are Tri-Care prime with no choice....unless you are over seas of course...

If you are retired, you have a choice prime or regular.

Old 11-01-2011, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Are you active duty, or retired?

I was answering the OP like they are retired. If active duty you cannot switch from Tri-Care regular to Tri-care Prime....because if you are active you are Tri-Care prime with no choice....unless you are over seas of course...

If you are retired, you have a choice prime or regular.

Yeah, that's true. I forgot about that. My husband is not retired he just did his 4 and got out. I know you can use civilian providers on Prime you just have to get a referral from you on base PCM. They did that for my husband once because there was a physical therapist closer to our house so we didn't have to drive all the way to the hospital.

Old 11-01-2011, 07:50 PM

Yes, we're retired. Thanks for all the great suggestions!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area