Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2014, 07:35 AM

4 posts, read 7,383 times

Advertisements

Was over on Airport and Whitesburg last night and every light was out at Ruby Tuesday's. On a Saturday night @ 8:30 p.m. that probably means only one thing. Anyone heard that it closed or what plans are for that spot now?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2014, 08:10 AM

394 posts, read 628,784 times
Doesn't surprise me as Ruby Tuesday's prices are outrageous and the food is blah.

Old 01-26-2014, 09:34 AM

32 posts, read 66,780 times
http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs....=2014301090126

Old 01-26-2014, 09:08 PM

1,268 posts, read 2,058,681 times
I wish Little Rosie's would move into that spot. Larger dining room and more parking.

Old 01-27-2014, 07:34 AM

82 posts, read 140,742 times
I wonder if this location struggled due to the large number of restaurants at the Whitesburg/Airport intersection.

Old 01-27-2014, 07:41 AM

89 posts, read 118,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaMadHatter View Post
Doesn't surprise me as Ruby Tuesday's prices are outrageous and the food is blah.
I agree. If I want to pay for overpriced burgers, I will just go to Red Robin.

Old 01-27-2014, 08:56 AM

3,465 posts, read 4,842,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonhsv View Post
I wonder if this location struggled due to the large number of restaurants at the Whitesburg/Airport intersection.
No, it is actually an excellent location. The problem has been poor management along with a company that has no difinitive direction or identity anymore. We used to go that particular location all the time, a lot of the time meeting a bunch of friends there. The menu kept changing and they were putting cheaper products such as hamburgers on there but at a premium price. They took the salad bar away for a while along with a lot of the top selling entrees and then someone said uh-oh, nobody is coming here anymore..... Then they flipped and stopped pushing the hamburgers and brought back the entrees and salad bar again. They also moved away from the "neighborhood bar" sort of setup and either took down the tv's that showed sports or the ones they have are often blocked by these huge tacky lights. There is rarely anyone at the bar anymore so that is a huge revenue loss. Basically, they are just a mess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YNVVA View Post
I agree. If I want to pay for overpriced burgers, I will just go to Red Robin.
When Ruby Tuesday started the whole "Gourmet Hamburger" thing, I said well they are going down the tubes. I don't know why some of these chain restaurants think we want $12 hamburgers. When the majority of us go out to a sit down/waiter type restaurant we don't think "man I sure would like an overpriced hamburger." In reality, you can get good hamburgers for half the price if that is what you really want.

Old 01-27-2014, 09:43 AM

11,787 posts, read 17,780,723 times
Ruby Tuesday's (and O'charley's) have been dropping like flies everywhere. As mentioned you can get a better 8 dollar hamburger from a bunch of other places and a better 15 steak from a dozen other family steak houses. Places like 5 Guys amd Mooyah and even Wendys and Hardees have stepped up their burger game and Outback serves a better steak.

that pretty much leaves Ruby Tuesdays trying to charge you 12 bucks for chicken fingers or some pasta dish you can get in a 6 bag meal at Publix.

Old 01-27-2014, 06:18 PM

211 posts, read 340,931 times
Funny you mention Outback, Tourian, I hear they are trying to push their cheaper food in a marketing campaign soon. The idea is that they need to compete with the fast casual crowd; particularly during lunch hours.

It might have been somewhere else on City Data where I saw somebody make a good observation.At the root of all of this is that fast casual options are making people realize that chain stores like Ruby Tuesday's, Outback, Applebee's, etc. are essentially fast food with sit down prices and wait times.

Old 01-28-2014, 06:57 AM

89 posts, read 118,961 times
I love Outback. That bloomin' onion, invented in New Orleans, gives me the perfect Australian atmosphere....well after i add a Fosters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area