Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2014, 04:38 PM

1,614 posts, read 2,301,109 times

Advertisements

Thanks for the info! $1000 does seem pretty steep if it goes that high.

Just curious why you left Whitworth Farms? Do you love Lake Forest?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2014, 07:48 PM

2,513 posts, read 2,790,094 times
Sorry on my post, meant 1000 a year.

Old 06-18-2014, 08:59 PM

493 posts, read 713,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r x f View Post
Their plat shows one corner as commercial, and the area where Ronald is moving in as a green space. Caveat emptor, yes, but I don't begrudge them for being angry.
It may not have been zoned, I can't remember what they originally told us it would be but I know for sure we had no idea what would be there. It has already been over 8 years since we first contracted to build with them and Woodland Homes started developing Whitworth Farms in 2005 about 9 years ago and the McDonalds was just recently built. I think that area will look a little better when the trees that are planted on the McDonalds property get larger and there is still room for more commercial development to be built on the other side of the McDonalds where there is still empty land in front of Whitworth Gardens/Whitworth Court.

Lots # 81 and 82 on that plat are now where the pool and clubhouse has been built. It's a perfect example of how the pool was not advertised in the beginning and why some residents are upset about it because they thought there would be no pool and that those lots would have homes there. The people that contracted to build on lot # 83 signed the contract to build on that lot before they knew about the pool and clubhouse being built there and then when they learned about the pool and clubhouse being next door they decided not to build there and had to sell the lot themselves, they had it for sale by owner for quite a while and tried listing it twice with two different Realtors and I guess it finally sold. There is a home being built on that lot now that is not being built by Woodland or even Mark Harris, I think? It's a totally different design/architecture and does not look like a Woodland home or the homes Mark Harris is currently building in there but it looks like it is going to be a pretty nice home. And what Mark Harris is building in there now is a nice product, the interiors are finished out a little better than how Woodland Homes was finishing out the interiors of the homes in Whitworth Farms, Mark's homes have nicer crown moulding, the dining room windows have mantle style moulding around them and the fireplaces have stacked stone surrounds, they're nice homes. The exterior architecture of the Mark Harris homes in Whitworth Farms go pretty well with the homes that were already there that were built by Woodland.

Additionally, the plat you posted is not completely accurate, it has Burgreen Road listed as Mill Road. Mill Road is on the other side of County Line Road. Someone made a mistake on that. The copyright on that plat says year 2010 but Whitworth was started 5 years before that so they updated that plat at some point as well.

Last edited by needtosellmyhome; 06-18-2014 at 09:34 PM..

Old 06-18-2014, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TN2HSV View Post
Thanks for the info! $1000 does seem pretty steep if it goes that high.

Just curious why you left Whitworth Farms? Do you love Lake Forest?
We decided to downsize and many of the homes that Stoneridge Homes has been building in Lake Forest are much cheaper than in the City of Madison because the location is different and the schools *sigh* are not so good. Maybe the schools will improve as the population out here grows but who knows. Stoneridge has built several homes on Lake Forest Boulevard that were more expensive because they were on Lake Forest Boulevard and were nicer.

I can actually get to work faster living over here than when we lived off of County Line Road and that combined with the great amenities of Lake Forest does make it very desirable for me so yes I do love living here. And our HOA fees over here are only $600.00 a year with more neighborhood amenities but there are also many more homes in Lake Forest so there are more homeowners paying dues.

Old 06-19-2014, 07:25 AM

2,513 posts, read 2,790,094 times
Wow. That sounds like a cluster if I ever heard one.

Old 06-19-2014, 08:06 AM

1,614 posts, read 2,301,109 times
Woodland does build a lovely home and their neighborhoods look so nice when they are built out. (Bishops Farm, Walden Preserve)

But, I must say.....their price/sq ft is insanely high, even when you factor in the upgraded finishes they do. Guess they have to pay for all those commercials, design center, model homes, advertising, sales team, etc. somehow!

On another note.....are the affiliated somehow with Wolde flooring next door to their design center? I know Wolde does all their counters & bathrooms & flooring now, and I wondered if they were in cahoots since they are right next door. Might be coincidence.

Speaking of Wolde....we went in there one day to look at tile, etc. for redoing our master bath. The lady in the showroom was very helpful. She scheduled an appointment for a guy to come out & measure our bathroom and give us an estimate for what we want to do. So, the day of the appointment he called my husband trying to get out of the appointment, but hubs told him we had already made plans to leae work early to meet him and didn't want to reschedule. He reluctantly said OK. He came out and was nice enough & talked to us about everything & took his measurements and told us to give him 2-3 days to work up the estimate and get back with us. Well....that's been over a MONTH ago and not a word! And I'm not calling them back. We obviously weren't important enough for them, so we won't be giving them any of our money. There's plenty of other places.

Last edited by Marka; 06-22-2014 at 11:23 PM.. Reason: deleted quote

Old 06-19-2014, 10:40 AM

1,178 posts, read 2,838,392 times
Just my 2 cents worth. We never owned or lived in a Woodland home but we looked at quite a number in different neighborhoods before we bought. We were never impressed with the quality of what we saw. And we also stayed in a Woodland home for a weekend on Lake Guntersville. The quality was awful and it was a million dollar home. Maybe they have improved in the last few years.

Old 06-19-2014, 01:12 PM

This is the link to the Better Business Bureau page for Woodland Homes where you can view the complaint that was submitted on behalf of the Whitworth Farms homeowners and also view Mike Friday's response to the issues: Consumer Complaints for Woodland Homes of Huntsville, Inc. - North Alabama BBB

It's the complaint that was submitted: 11/19/2012 (Billing / Collection Issues)

Old 06-19-2014, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mawoods View Post
Just my 2 cents worth. We never owned or lived in a Woodland home but we looked at quite a number in different neighborhoods before we bought. We were never impressed with the quality of what we saw. And we also stayed in a Woodland home for a weekend on Lake Guntersville. The quality was awful and it was a million dollar home. Maybe they have improved in the last few years.
We owned and lived in our Woodland Home for six years and never had any issues with construction or build quality. I even went over to check on it every other day when it was being built so I saw everything they did with it from even before the slab was poured. We also had a home inspection done before closing and nothing major came up.

Woodland is apparently getting ready to build in McMullen Cove as well.

Old 06-21-2014, 06:06 PM

4 posts, read 12,156 times
I am going to give some facts about the Whitworth Farms HOA issue. I do not believe these FACTS will change the way some people think, but I do believe the FACTS should be published in this thread.

FACT #1: Woodland Homes did not vote nor did any Whitworth Farms HOA Board member vote when the vote was carried to install the new pool and clubhouse in Whitworth Farms. The ONLY votes that were cast or counted were from home owners living in Whitworth Farms. The majority of homeowners voted in favor of the pool and clubhouse.

FACT #2: There was/is a group of residents in Whitworth Farms who felt they were "ENTITLED" to a free clubhouse and pool.

FACT #3: These individuals representing the Whitworth Farms residents filed a complaint against Woodland Homes with the BBB and the complaint was dismissed for lack of facts supporting the complaint.

FACT #4: These individuals then filed a complaint against Woodland Homes with the Huntsville/Madison County Builders Association which was dismissed for lack of facts supporting the complaint.

FACT #5: These individuals then sought legal counsel and filed a lawsuit seeking damages against Woodland Homes in our court system...and...you guessed it...the case was dismissed by a judge presiding over the case for guess what...that is right a lack of facts supporting the allegations.

During all of this, some of these same individuals threatened the Owner of Woodland Homes with physical harm, protested in front of his business and placed signs in their yards demeaning Woodland Homes. They made youtube videos and spread innuendo and out right lies about Woodland Homes.

All I ask is spread facts not innuendo such as "be leery" or "he has done some things that really hurt the Whitworth Farms home owners".

Check these facts...call the BBB, call the HMCBA, check the public records at the courthouse.

You will find that everything in my post is a fact...unlike most of the post above it...stick to the facts and stop spreading gossip.

One last fact...if the HOA dues go up in Whitworth Farms, it will have more to do with the unfounded lawsuit and the legal fees resulting from that malicious act and not the addition of the pool and clubhouse.

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day...NCS
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area