Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2014, 09:42 AM

1,614 posts, read 2,301,109 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by needtosellmyhome View Post
There is now a web site for Cedar Cove, the new Woodland Homes community off of Segers Road in Madison: Home - Woodland Homes Cedar Cove Madison

Sounds like it will be very nice, I assume nicer than Whitworth Farms because it will have basement lots and because of the trees/peaceful location. Woodland Homes has been keeping a lot of trees up in Inspiration on Green Mountain (community in SE Huntsville) and I assume they will also do that here (hopefully).
I love the setting of this neighborhood. Of course it's totally wooded now, and who knows how many of the trees they will actually leave but I hope they leave as many as possible. I love Woodland's houses and we want a rancher over a basement, so we would love to live there. But, no amenity package? That stinks. I want a neighborhood pool & clubhouse at a minimum, mainly for my kids. They love to swim in the summer and I don't want the expense & liability of my own pool. That's why we have ruled out so many of the new neighborhoods off Burgreen....no planned amenities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2014, 05:34 PM

3,297 posts, read 6,266,015 times
Jim Wright's new neighborhood off Segars will have pool/clubhouse. Going to be same type of house as he built in Cambridge but he'll probably make some amenities changes. He's doing a more "commercial grade" appliance package now out at The Meadows that he may bring over.

The amenities Stoneridge offers as standards are WAY better than Woodland so unless they step it up I think he's going to really do well over there, as he has in his other Madison neighborhoods. I was pretty shocked at the appliance package offered for Foxfield....its comparable to what Breland is offering in their homes. Not bad, but buyers building a $500k house expect way more and even Breland stepped it up in their higher end homes.

Last edited by LCTMadison; 12-11-2014 at 05:43 PM..

Old 12-11-2014, 07:25 PM

493 posts, read 713,234 times
Default The Meadows at Hampton Cove

I got to see Stoneridge's "The Meadows at Hampton Cove" during the Parade of Homes this past October since the 2014 Showcase Home was in there and it is absolutely beautiful over there: The Meadows | Stoneridge Homes Huntsville, AL | Custom Home Builders Huntsville and Madison County Alabama The Meadows community is surrounded by incredible mountain views which totally sets it apart from some others.

I have been really happy with our Stoneridge home in Lake Forest. I agree that Stoneridge Homes offers A LOT of amenities for the money. Our Stoneridge home only has a basic Maytag appliance package with gas range/stainless appliances but it's one of the smaller/cheaper homes in Lake Forest.

Also got to see one of Woodland Homes' Parade of Homes entry in McMullen Cove. This Woodland Home in McMullen Cove is finished out pretty well with sand and finish hardwood flooring, coffered ceiling, heavy crown mouldings, double ovens and gas cook top in kitchen: 3 Huntleigh Place, Gurley, AL 35748 | MLS 1008228 | Listing Information | Valley MLS

Last edited by needtosellmyhome; 12-11-2014 at 07:51 PM..

Old 12-11-2014, 09:17 PM

I agree Stoneridge builds a beautiful home? Thanks for the info LCT about their planned neighborhood off Segers! When do they plan to start building in there? They way Cambridge sold and Burgreen Place is selling, you'd think they were giving houses away! It's crazy. But they do offer a lot of value for the price.

The hubs is really, REALLY set on a basement home. So we are pretty focused in on Greenbrier Woods, plus the fact that Charlie Murphy is so nice and great to work with But I'm definitely looking forward to the new offerings coming to West Madison.

Old 12-12-2014, 12:01 AM

Soon. He has a preliminary plat. Lots are a nice size as well. He's got some new plans as well, but he does do custom builds. I'm sure he'll start preselling lots soon....he's been preselling lots at Cedar Acres since the spring.

Greenbriar Woods is really nice and he builds a pretty good home. I had a client recently looking at building a basement there but they just didn't have the lot he was looking for.

Old 12-12-2014, 08:43 AM

I wish Stoneridge/Jim Wright would build in a neighborhood where basements could be possible, at least on SOME lots.

Cedar Acres isn't very big & won't have any amenities. I'm guessing the Segers Rd development will be larger to support some amenities?

Old 12-12-2014, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by needtosellmyhome View Post
I got to see Stoneridge's "The Meadows at Hampton Cove" during the Parade of Homes this past October since the 2014 Showcase Home was in there and it is absolutely beautiful over there: The Meadows | Stoneridge Homes Huntsville, AL | Custom Home Builders Huntsville and Madison County Alabama The Meadows community is surrounded by incredible mountain views which totally sets it apart from some others.

I have been really happy with our Stoneridge home in Lake Forest. I agree that Stoneridge Homes offers A LOT of amenities for the money. Our Stoneridge home only has a basic Maytag appliance package with gas range/stainless appliances but it's one of the smaller/cheaper homes in Lake Forest.

Also got to see one of Woodland Homes' Parade of Homes entry in McMullen Cove. This Woodland Home in McMullen Cove is finished out pretty well with sand and finish hardwood flooring, coffered ceiling, heavy crown mouldings, double ovens and gas cook top in kitchen: 3 Huntleigh Place, Gurley, AL 35748 | MLS 1008228 | Listing Information | Valley MLS

Both of these homes are gorgeous! I guess I've always leaned more toward the Woodland homes (and Murphy) because they both do the sanded & finished in place hardwood floors, which I strongly prefer over anything prefinished. And they both build on crawlspace or basements, which I strongly prefer. I grew up living on crawlspace foundations and standing & walking around on concrete slab, no matter what kind of flooring you have, is HARD on my feet, ankles & knees. And I'm not that old!

Love the coffered ceiling in the living room of the Woodland home, too.

Old 12-12-2014, 03:29 PM

For years Jim built everything on a crawlspace and did sand and finish hardwoods. When the market turned he switched to a slab but he will still build on a crawlspace, its usually $8k-$10k more depending on the footprint.

He builds basements....has basement lots in Legendwood. Doubt there will be any suitable off Segars, however.

Old 12-12-2014, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TN2HSV View Post
I wish Stoneridge/Jim Wright would build in a neighborhood where basements could be possible, at least on SOME lots.
As was already stated Stoneridge's Legendwood community at the corner of Balch Road and Capshaw Road has basement lots: Legendwood | Stoneridge Homes Huntsville, AL | Custom Home Builders Huntsville and Madison County Alabama They are building a basement home in there right now on Barons Court but I think it's a pre-sale. Legendwood is beautiful and some of the original homes in there built by other builders are really unique and not cookie-cutter homes. But Legendwood is NOT Madison city schools if that matters, it's a Madison address but is in Huntsville city limits so the schools are Providence and Columbia.

Legendwood also connects to Laurenwood Preserve now (they connected it about a year ago) and Breland Homes just started building in Laurenwood Preserve: 115 Blackwood Drive, Madison, AL 35757 | MLS 1007991 | Listing Information | Valley MLS That whole area is going to be really nice when it's built out and it's nice now.

Old 12-12-2014, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TN2HSV View Post
Both of these homes are gorgeous! I guess I've always leaned more toward the Woodland homes (and Murphy) because they both do the sanded & finished in place hardwood floors, which I strongly prefer over anything prefinished. And they both build on crawlspace or basements, which I strongly prefer. I grew up living on crawlspace foundations and standing & walking around on concrete slab, no matter what kind of flooring you have, is HARD on my feet, ankles & knees. And I'm not that old!

Love the coffered ceiling in the living room of the Woodland home, too.
But not all Woodland Homes are on crawlspaces with sand and finish hardwood floors. Their higher end communities like Foxfield, Forest Ridge, Inspiration on Green Mountain and McMullen Cove have the crawlspaces and the sand and finish hardwoods.

The Woodland Homes in Whitworth Farms are on slabs with pre-finished hardwood flooring. It's definitely true that slabs can be more uncomfortable but I don't mind a slab because I've owned a couple homes with crawlspaces and pests got into the crawl space like mice and black widow spiders and I don't have to worry about that with a slab. The mice chewed wiring for our security system and I had to go under the house and repair it and then found black widow spiders that BITE!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area