Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2014, 06:06 PM

375 posts, read 515,279 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maya Blue View Post
Considering that we have heard nothing from ALDONT or the state on that intersection, I don't see it happening any time soon.
I wouldn't take the lack of info flowing from the state as a sign that things aren't progressing on that interchange. Survey crews have been out in the past few months marking the area with stakes and flagging tape so there's definitely been some ongoing activity. I couldn't say definitively when dirt would actually start moving, but I would guess sometime in 2015 with a functional interchange by maybe mid-2016.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2014, 07:20 PM

493 posts, read 715,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawgmsu View Post
I'd just like them to work consistently and get Zierdt Road widened ... they seem to be dragging their feet. And it would be nice if Breland could land a really nice department store, like Macy's or Nordstrom, and stay away from the dollar store type businesses.
I hope for all of that as well.

Old 11-07-2014, 05:23 AM

3,297 posts, read 6,277,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maya Blue View Post
Considering that we have heard nothing from ALDONT or the state on that intersection, I don't see it happening any time soon.
Breland's putting up a lot of his own money for that project. He's got A LOT of clout in Montgomery. This might be the fastest we see ALDOT move on anything. Money talks in Montgomery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawgmsu View Post
And it would be nice if Breland could land a really nice department store, like Macy's or Nordstrom, and stay away from the dollar store type businesses.

This is not going to be some cheap strip type mall. They are working with the developers of Ross Bridge on this project. It will more be upscale from what I have been told, along Bridge Street lines, so I doubt we see Dollar Stores. I could see Macy's being a lure, but I'm not getting hopes up on Nordstrom. If he can pull off that, I'll drive to Lanier Ford and kiss that man on the lips. And for this, to be honest, he may not even be targeting a big department store anchor. That is the first thing we think of when new retail like this comes in, but in no way a necessity for its survival.

Back several years ago when his development there was the big debate between Madison and HSV, it was rumored there would be another warehouse type store like Costcos or Sam's. We already have two Sam's Clubs so maybe another Costco? I just can't see Sam's building three in HSV.

Please, for the love of all that is holy....bring in a World Market. I'm begging. Its ridiculous we don't already have one. And a West Elm. That's all I'm asking for.

Last edited by LCTMadison; 11-07-2014 at 05:39 AM..

Old 11-07-2014, 08:01 AM

1,268 posts, read 2,061,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LCTMadison View Post
Breland's putting up a lot of his own money for that project. He's got A LOT of clout in Montgomery. This might be the fastest we see ALDOT move on anything. Money talks in Montgomery.
I hope you're right. I only have ALDONT's solid reputation to go on.

Quote:
Back several years ago when his development there was the big debate between Madison and HSV, it was rumored there would be another warehouse type store like Costcos or Sam's. We already have two Sam's Clubs so maybe another Costco? I just can't see Sam's building three in HSV.
I could definitely see a Costco going in by the County Line interchange.

Old 11-07-2014, 09:10 AM

1,892 posts, read 3,091,974 times
I don't see how warehouse and big box stores can be seen as upscale, 'like Bridge Street'. At least I have never encountered that combination.

Old 11-07-2014, 09:55 AM

1,977 posts, read 4,214,191 times
This one in the Woodlands area of Houston is pretty upscale. I was in there and they seemed to have a lot of higher end brands and nicer jewelry and electronics compared to other Costco locations...ironically it also is in the same area as a Nordstrom.

Old 11-07-2014, 10:11 AM

11,787 posts, read 17,808,354 times
Two Costco's in Huntsville? Is that even a legitimate notion?

Perhaps they will land another warehouse store that isn't in the state yet? Like BJ's?

Old 11-07-2014, 11:44 AM

3,297 posts, read 6,277,020 times
A Costco or Sam's on this side of town makes sense.....remember, we also have Decatur and Athens as well that come into HSV.

Old 11-07-2014, 12:23 PM

2,513 posts, read 2,796,922 times
I go to the World Market when I'm in Bham. Some stuff is pretty cool in there, some way overpriced. I do like their wine and coffee selection.

Old 11-07-2014, 01:45 PM

1,782 posts, read 3,285,202 times
I think Costco, HD, possibly another "Whole Foods" type place, but not a Whole Foods.

Trader Joes, if they decide to open one in AL.

West Elm, seems like a shoe in for the market demographics.

I would honestly be shocked if a large Box dept store like Macys or Nordstrom opened. BS was a better location for either of those and neither could be swayed without major funds. Also all those stores are hurting these days, Costco, HD, even West Elm are all places that NEED to be in an area, you can't online order a case of ketchup or a sofa or lumber, easily.

People make meccas to Costco from Fayetteville, I make a mecca to IKEA, or West Elm or CB2. But agreed West Elm is the only likely home store to come here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area