Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2014, 07:14 AM

1,644 posts, read 3,039,925 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TN2HSV View Post
So you made the statement about them being a glorified employment agency based solely on how their name sounds???
Welcome to the internets.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2014, 10:35 AM

8,742 posts, read 12,983,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HB2HSV View Post
My apology as the name SES sounds too much like a job shop. More better if they have steady work in contract manufacturing.
Quote:
So you made the statement about them being a glorified employment agency based solely on how their name sounds???
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreLysium View Post
Welcome to the internets.
Look People, what do you expect with a name such as Science and Engineering Services LLC (SES)

90% of time it is a glorified employment agency such as Jacobs Engineering Technology & subs.

Since SES does contract manufacturing, one would think it will have the word "manufacturing" in its name somewhere

Old 07-17-2014, 11:31 AM

1,614 posts, read 2,305,090 times
Quote:
Look People, what do you expect with a name such as Science and Engineering Services LLC (SES)

90% of time it is a glorified employment agency such as Jacobs Engineering Technology & subs.

Since SES does contract manufacturing, one would think it will have the word "manufacturing" in its name somewhere
Not necessarily. I can think of plenty whose names don't indicate what they do. Boeing. Lockheed Martin. SAIC. AdTran.

Old 07-17-2014, 12:09 PM

1,644 posts, read 3,039,925 times
Quote:
For my own personal store of data's sake, if you're presenting something to me as fact, don't roll the dice.

Old 07-17-2014, 06:18 PM

8,742 posts, read 12,983,951 times
Quote:
Not necessarily. I can think of plenty whose names don't indicate what they do. Boeing. Lockheed Martin. SAIC. AdTran.
Boeing was founded by William Boeing

Lockheed Martin name is a consolidation between Lockheed & Martin Marietta (who was another consolidation).

SAIC is an acronym for Science Application International Corp. It was previouly an "individually owned & operated" collection of comoanies.

None of them imply what they do, e.g., "services", "manufacturing", etc.

Other names signify what they do, including Tyson Food, Kentucky Fried Chicken (no beef there!), Kinko Copying, ACME manufacturing, Federal Express (though they could legitimately call themselves "Federal Services"), etc.

You would think a company who does primary manufacturing would not imply that they are a engineering "services" company.

Last edited by HB2HSV; 07-17-2014 at 06:27 PM..

Old 07-17-2014, 10:09 PM

1,420 posts, read 1,597,815 times
Quote:
Other names signify what they do, including Tyson Food, Kentucky Fried Chicken (no beef there!), Kinko Copying, ACME manufacturing, Federal Express (though they could legitimately call themselves "Federal Services"), etc.
Kentucky Fried Chicken as company name no longer exists. The name of the company is now KFC. At first KFC was just the initials for Kentucky Fried Chicken. That is no longer true since the name of the company is now officially just KFC. BTW, KFC is a subsidiary of Yum! Brands. Of course Kentucky Fried Chicken was so well known that people still call it by its original name.

Kinkos does not exist anymore and now is just part of FedEx Office. The stores are called FedEx Office Print & Ship Centers.

The Federal Express name is no longer used. It is now part of the FedEx Corporation. BTW, FedEx Office is an operational unit of the FedEx Corporation.

Many companies are not known for what their name is. It is what the name stands for that matters. For example people don't usually have to guess what Boeing does because Boeing is so well known and has a reputation that it depends on.

BTW, I used to work for Boeing and knew very little about its history or who founded it. I eventually did but only because on its anniversary they gave all of us a book about Boeing's history.

Last edited by MisterEd51; 07-17-2014 at 10:24 PM..

Old 07-18-2014, 02:39 AM

282 posts, read 688,314 times
Idiots read here:

SES - Supporting Customers From Prototype Through Production

They are not a "glorified employment agency". Geez, I'm a govt. employee and don't usually like contractors, but I have nothing but good things to say about SES.....at least in terms of Black Hawk aircraft support.

Old 07-18-2014, 11:43 AM

2,455 posts, read 3,222,660 times
Quote:
What about Nothing But Noodles? They have a number of noodleless dishes...

Old 07-18-2014, 12:35 PM

1,268 posts, read 2,060,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmaxwell View Post
What about Nothing But Noodles? They have a number of noodleless dishes...
Mind blown

Old 07-18-2014, 12:36 PM

1,268 posts, read 2,060,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyro4ik View Post
Idiots read here:

SES - Supporting Customers From Prototype Through Production

They are not a "glorified employment agency". Geez, I'm a govt. employee and don't usually like contractors, but I have nothing but good things to say about SES.....at least in terms of Black Hawk aircraft support.
As a former contractor (now nowhere near gov't), I usually don't like gov't employees.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
View detailed profiles of: